Ebay headlight question.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
So I've about had it with trying to restore my headlight lenses and I'm going to buy some pre-blackhoused headlights with the clear strip at the bottom. Has anyone recently purchased some on ebay that would like to refer me to a good seller? I think an average price is between 80-115. Also, has anyone had water sealing issues with the aftermarket ones?

C_S_L

Reaction score
I had a pair, theres no problems with it. It was seal up properly, no moisture when it rain. That was like 2 years ago, so I dont remember the sellers name. Surely just search and you'll find one with good feedbacks and the right price.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
yeah don't cheap out, look at the comments about the seller and don't buy form anyone who has at least a 97% or higher.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
For those of you with the clear strip, are you putting an amber bulb in there, or does that not reflect well? I looked at some pictures, and everyone with the clear strip uses a white led.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you make the purchase, make sure to ask the seller for the exact description of the item. The picture on the auction might not be exactly what they are selling. If you want the ones with the clear amber strips, make sure you get confirmation from the seller that the strips are in fact all clear.

Also, you can use bing and ebates cashback (they stack) to save a few bucks for ebay purchases.

inv4zn

Reaction score
I bought mine from ebay about 6 or 7 months ago...and everything was fine, and still is.

Only thing with mine though, the adjusting screws that aim the headlights were broken...on both sides. So I complained and the guy gave me a full refund...so i got them for free basically...heh.

But yeah, like everyone sais, don't pay until you get all the answers you want, and then go for it

swollen_cu

Reaction score
My ebay headlights look good cosmetically, but the reflectors suck! i.e. THe beam battern blows and there's alot of hot spots in the lighting. THat's why I have some OEM reflectors waiting to go into them..

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
My ebay headlights look good cosmetically, but the reflectors suck! i.e. THe beam battern blows and there's alot of hot spots in the lighting. THat's why I have some OEM reflectors waiting to go into them..

Yea that and aiming is horrible because no matter what, the reflectors suck so badly that thay will blind someone. And mine are starting to fog up.

after a year?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
don't buy from anyone who has less than 97%

fixed. :lawl:

For those of you with the clear strip, are you putting an amber bulb in there, or does that not reflect well? I looked at some pictures, and everyone with the clear strip uses a white led.

Putting an amber bulb behind a clear reflector will mute the orange, making it look a little more yellow, but mostly the light won't distribute as well. It's a don't do imo, kind of like putting a white bulb behind an amber reflector.

The picture on the auction might not be exactly what they are selling. If you want the ones with the clear amber strips, make sure you get confirmation from the seller that the strips are in fact all clear.

Truth. I asked this to the seller I bought my set from to get clear strips, always a good idea to confirm it. There's so much stock imagery for aftermarket headlights and not enough people care about what they're selling, make sure you're getting what you want.

Back