EBC Brake Rotor Kit, Junk or Quality?

JDMEpitome

Reaction score
I would be scared to buy drilled rotors, as I hear that they have greater chances of cracking. Also eventually the cavities in the drilled rotors start rusting and it looks really bad. I don't think there is any need for slotted or drilled rotors for accords other than looks, but if you want to, then I would go with slotted. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind, but I'm pretty hell-bent on the slotted rotors. Thanks though!

metrick1235

Reaction score
If you go for drilled and slotted get quality ones.. EBC are good quality. All will crack or break (slotted or Solid) if you roast your rotors.. but the cheaper ones of Drilled/slotted will crack fast... So do it right the first time if your gonna get drilled and slotted, get quality... Summitt Racing makes a good break rotor for cheap too... They are Quality parts better than "dontlasts" from autozone.. Get the good pads too... Good rotors dont mean crap unless you have the pad to back em up...

JDMEpitome

Reaction score
If you go for drilled and slotted get quality ones.. EBC are good quality. All will crack or break (slotted or Solid) if you roast your rotors.. but the cheaper ones of Drilled/slotted will crack fast... So do it right the first time if your gonna get drilled and slotted, get quality... Summitt Racing makes a good break rotor for cheap too... They are Quality parts better than "dontlasts" from autozone.. Get the good pads too... Good rotors dont mean crap unless you have the pad to back em up...

Yeah, I found another kit for cheap with the Drilled and slotted EBC and EBC pads. And, I don't plan on killing my brakes, so that's part of the reason why I'm not to scared. More for show tbh.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
Yes EBC is great quality stuff...i've used both the slotted and drlled....and the slotted....the slotted and drilled bent after mayb a year but i think its cuz they were on a Astro van with so much weight on it.....the Slotted i just bought for the Accord and they are great and they bite real good.....the only downside is what Sketch had mentioned....."They are Dusty"!!

h0p3l355dork

Reaction score
Don't know if you're set on it yet but I bought full EBC rotors for my 99 accord v6 and they cracked :/ My mechanic said that it might have been because I used ceramic brake pads.. I bought mine on Amazon.com though. I ended up just going back to straight brembo blanks. YMMV i guess.

JDMEpitome

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to go only slotted, and I'm getting some new EBC pads as well. Hopefully that will solve the cracking fiasco. And, if they crack, I'll bite my lip and just get some Brembo blanks. . .

Honda4Life

Reaction score
cross drilled - VERY PRONE TO CRACKING

slotted - prone to chewing up your pads

blanks - well they are blanks...enough said

I'll be looking into some slotted ones...

Check out the ATE Premium Ones (Slotted) They look awesome and a very decent price

JDMEpitome

Reaction score
cross drilled - VERY PRONE TO CRACKING

slotted - prone to chewing up your pads

blanks - well they are blanks...enough said

I'll be looking into some slotted ones...

Check out the ATE Premium Ones (Slotted) They look awesome and a very decent price

Will do, thanks for telling me

Back