Egr flow

nine23

Reaction score
There is prolly a thread on this already but I have a cel for the egr flow and I cleaned the ports but it's still there so just wondering if anyone else has had this problem... I read that if you take the manifold off and clean it up that it could help but some people still had cel on.... Let me know cause I think I'm gonna dive into it this weekend

Thank in advance

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Eft flow

What's your code? Depending, it may be shared with bad o2 sensor or cat that's triggering it.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
like Red said.. it could be related to the o2 sensors.

imo... i would just do the egr delete and check the o2 senors to make sure they're still good

nine23

Reaction score
like Red said.. it could be related to the o2 sensors.

imo... i would just do the egr delete and check the o2 senors to make sure they're still good

I have to pass emmisions here in Connecticut... Stupid question but would it pass then if i just deleted it? im not really that knowledgeable about emission stuff since im originally from missouri and we dont have to worry about it lol.... sorry for the stupid questions

jdmcg3

Reaction score
i honestly dont know if you could still pass without the egr. hopefully another member can chime in on that

J30MAN

Reaction score
I live in Mass, I dont know how different our emissions tests are compared to CT but I HATE IT. I had the same problem as you. So I cleaned all the ports out. The code went away. Then it came back. So I cleaned it out again, went away again. Then it came back again! So I thought it HAD to be that the EGR sensor failed. So I replaced it for $69.xx on RockAuto.com and it the code still hasn't come back.

I'd say you should just replace the EGR valve and call it a day.

nine23

Reaction score
Yeah that exactly what I was gonna do cause I was trying to avoid having to pay the $125 for the egr so I'll prolly clean it out and if it doesn't go away then I will prolly end up buying a new egr and hopefully that helps....

Back