EGR Replacement

Mikey

Reaction score
Got the insufficient Lift code. I think it's a P1481. I think.

Anyway, ordered the EGR kit (Valve, gaskets, replacement pipe, etc)

Well, got in there and the bulletin has already been done and the pipe is in there and the old EGR valve has the same part number as the new valve.

Even if I clean out the IM and all that, should I go ahead and replace the EGR valve with a new one or is the old one still good?

I know there are 2 EGR codes; insufficient FLOW and Insufficient LIFT. Does one pertain to a sensor somewhere and the other pertain to the valve itself or what?

I can save myself a bit of money if I DONT replace the old valve but IDK if it's bad or not.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It would depend. Test your EGR against your battery, if it clicks, it probably works - it's basically a solenoid. If it works, no need to replace it. If it doesn't work, you need a new one. I have one for sale. Keep us posted on what you find out, good luck with the mini-project. However, it could click to work, but it could still be working improperly.. So in that case you would still need a new one. Play around, experiment, then post an update.

twofast4u

Reaction score
the electric ones are hard to tell if they are leaking though. So depends on how many miles that particular EGR valve has on it. If its a little, I wouldn't bother, and just clean the intake manifold.

Mikey

Reaction score
Ive got a new valve, and in the event Id need to replace the old one, I could get a new one again.

I got the IM off and that port was DISGUSTING. Im hoping that the seafoam I did a few weeks ago, this cleaning and cleaning the IM itself, will clear any hiccups Ive been having. If it doesnt, I still get the same code, I'll then replace the valve itself.

IDK the mileage on this EGR, but there was a bulletin and it was performed, but IDK at what mileage. So this EGR could have as little as 40k miles and as many as 120k.

hondatech03

Reaction score
Does it feel like it has a miss fire? If so change it. Mine ran like crap before I changed the egr.

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah. I got a code awhile back for a multiple cylinder misfire. Hasn't come back yet but I still feel this hesitation, of sorts, if I maintain speed around 45-55.

Back