Electically separate high beams from low beams-How do I

beachtech

Reaction score
I put in some DDM Tuning 55W/5000K H.I.D.s in my low beams. They are awesome at night. HOWEVER, I notice that when the low beams are not on and I flash the high beams, it flashes the low beams (H.I.D.) as well. That can't be good for the H.I.D.s and I have had some problems after doing that (it sometimes will "piss off" the H.I.D.s and the H.I.D.s will fire but not stay on for several hours after that).

How do I modify the electrical so that when I flash the high beams (like in the day time) it does not flash the low beams?

Thank you,
BeachTech
2000 Honda Accord V6 EX Leather

TheHunter

Reaction score
I don't know why you'd be flashing your high beams all the time anyway? I mean I guess it might just be something you do but I rarely ever flash mine...

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
As long as you don't go down the road flashing your headlights all the time they'll be fine. If I ever flash my lights (to warn someone of a cop or something) my xenons flash. I'm sure if the engineers at Honda thought this was going to do crazy damage to bulbs/ballasts, the would have wired the flash function to my integrated fogs.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
that is not supposed to happen... how did u wire ur HIDs and has it always been like this before the HIDs were installed?

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
that is not supposed to happen... how did u wire ur HIDs and has it always been like this before the HIDs were installed?

Actually I think that it's normal(because my car does it to) for the low beams to come on when flashing your highs. They also come on when your alarm is going off. There was a thread on this in hidplanet but I never bother to read it because I rarely flash mine. I'll try to look it up.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Actually I think that it's normal(because my car does it to) for the low beams to come on when flashing your highs. They also come on when your alarm is going off. There was a thread on this in hidplanet but I never bother to read it because I rarely flash mine. I'll try to look it up.

You're correct.

beachtech

Reaction score
There was a thread on this in hidplanet but I never bother to read it because I rarely flash mine. I'll try to look it up.

Yes, if you could find the thread on hidplanet, that would be great. Where I drive, flashing the high beams is a safety practice to help others see you (usually soccer-moms, driving SUVs, talking on cell phones, while eating a burger).

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back