Electronic Issue? A/C / Heater controls ..

pdxcomps

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! NEW MEMBER!! WOOHOO!!

Anyways - My wife and I just bought a 2001 4DR with approximately 200k miles on it. We got it for $600.00 because it had a seized engine. Found a used engine with 60k miles on it for $275, and put it in. RUNS GREAT!

BUT, I have a problem with the A/C -

None of the lights turn on, and it doesn't seem to be working at all. Obviously, it may need to be charged up, but I was wondering why the lights wouldn't work? I checked and tested all of the fuses, and they all work.

The lights I am referring to are the indicator lights for all of the heater controls/buttons. A/C button, defrost buttons, etc -

Other than that, everything seems to be running great!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Roll windows down. Problem solved:D

Lol jk, I agree with Asian Invasion. Check connections and put some refrigerant in it.

pdxcomps

Reaction score
I will pull it out tomorrow and check the connections. Would all of the lights go out at once if one of the connections was loose?

I was under the assumption that each one would be wired separately, but I guess I was wrong :)

jeffpanya

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I hit mine a couple times and it will come on. But it rains in portland so much the windows get fogged up and it never works when I need it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdxcomps

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I hit mine a couple times and it will come on. But it rains in portland so much the windows get fogged up and it never works when I need it lol.

HEY! I am from the Portland area as well! I found a car today at a wrecking yard, so I am going to stop by, and grab some pieces and see if it fixes this problem.

Will update to let everyone know.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
Nice. Ok. I think I emailed you about the engine you had with like 200k miles lol. I think that might've been you. And what junk yard ?? The junk yard I go to has no 98-02 accords at all. U pull it or pick n pull on foster.

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
I dont think its a connector. You may have to replace the whole unit (where turn on the a/c). Mine was doing the same thing. Took it apart and found out that I burned out the curcit board for it.

Latest posts

Back