Empty 12" ported enclosure taking up space...

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Follow the links for specs!

Here she is: Atrend 12LSV

Gonna have this coupled up with my Kenwood KAC-9105d amp

I'm not too great with the more technical aspects of car audio, so this is where I need some help; I am looking for the best overall sound (hard-hitting, clear, and good range) from a reasonably-priced sub in a coupe trunk. With all that said, which of the following options do I have with this box? Or if you have another subwoofer suggestion, feel free to let me know!

I'm not really looking to win competitions here, just want to rattle the windows and really make the most out of this mono amp!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Best advice you will probably get is to go to a shop that carries what you are considering and listen for yourself.

They don't always have the subs in the best enclosures, but it can give you an idea as to what you might be getting.

You may also want to check out diyaudio.com as well.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Best advice you will probably get is to go to a shop that carries what you are considering and listen for yourself.

They don't always have the subs in the best enclosures, but it can give you an idea as to what you might be getting.

You may also want to check out diyaudio.com as well.
I've tried searching for local shops devoted to this kind of thing but there are none; just Best Buys and stores that claim they know audio but really don't know crap. Maybe I'll keep poking around for subs with similar specs at the few places that do audio around here.. thanks man

schmiddr2

Reaction score

Attachments

• bass2.jpg
    bass2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
I'm not a ported design pro, but that size box with that tuning is going to be a one note wonder with most all subs. I would even consider putting two 10's in it. Easy to add a new baffle with carpet.

I modeled using this sub btw: http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.co...ions-audio-12-300w-dcon-series-subwoofer.html
Nah, I just wanna keep it to a single 12" sub in this box. Audio isn't too much of a priority for me at this point.. I'm actually trying to sell my dual 10" setup and 2 of 12"s that came in the trade for some old 5th gen parts I had laying around (I blew the 3rd) and buy a relatively strong sub so I can make better use of that Kenwood amp

accord2slow

Reaction score
I have a bad *** single 12" without a box I would trade you for the dual tens plus cash on my end.

Back