engine idle problem

accord99

Reaction score
I just had my clutch replaced today and my car started with the idling problem again. I changed the main relay when i got home and took my car for a spin. It was after dark so temp outside was cooler. Well my problem was not resolved as every time I came to a stop my car would drop down 500 rpms. Even when I gave it gas to get it back to normal rpms it would just go back down to 500 but would not die. It would shake pretty bad like it wanted to but wouldnt. Does it take some time for my ecu to adjust to the new main relay or am I looking at another problem. Car didnt run for 3 days before it got fixed(clutch burnt up while driving to New Orleans). Suggestions would be helpful..thanks

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
i have the same problem except i have an auto, and this happens in neutral or park.

it might be something with the CYP sensor wiring.

accord99

Reaction score
Well i know they took off my intake and starter to get my tranny off. Starter works fine so I am wondering if i have and intake leak or vaccum leak. Idk what to do..Tired of this car..

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well i know they took off my intake and starter to get my tranny off. Starter works fine so I am wondering if i have and intake leak or vaccum leak. Idk what to do..Tired of this car..

Make sure they re-attached all your ground wires correctly and securely. After that's done, clean your throttle body.

I think its funny when people complain about hondas or toyotas, its surely not the cars fault. :lawl:

Drew707

Reaction score
if they took off your intake check your MAF sensor or TPS sensor. maybe they stripped some wires. also you might have a vacuum leak some where check your vacuum lines. is your check engine light on? if you have a scanner then get the Trouble code from it and post it here.

Back