Engine idles at 2000rpm

krazykid007

Reaction score
Hey guys my car has been idling at 2000rpm when i first start the car then it will flucuate from 2000 - 1000 rpm while in park. when i put the car in gear whether it be drive or reverse the rpms at 1200-1500. Not sure what the problem was just wanted to see if any had had this problem in the past. thanks in advance guys

dtraill27

Reaction score
ive had it before. my intake was dirty and the idle air control valve needed cleaning. search and youll find solutions. i know there are several members on here who have had the issue

dtraill27

Reaction score
needs cleaning adjusting or replacing. first step is to clean and adjust it

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
If that does not fix the problem, check for an vacuum leaks. There should be a vacuum diagram under your hood explaining how your engines vacuum line runs.

krazykid007

Reaction score
i was wondering what would i need to get the job done? Ima tackle that project this weekend. Im a noob and jsuut want to make this as easy and painless as possible if can be achieved that way

onthe3rdday

Reaction score
Hey guys my car has been idling at 2000rpm when i first start the car then it will flucuate from 2000 - 1000 rpm while in park. when i put the car in gear whether it be drive or reverse the rpms at 1200-1500. Not sure what the problem was just wanted to see if any had had this problem in the past. thanks in advance guys

Any updates? I have the same problem. Because the idle is so high I know I have a vacuum leak and IACV may be causing fluctuation, maybe even cooling system. I've cleaned the IACV by removing it from the manifold and spraying it...and spraying it....and spraying it. Then watched lots of black stuff come out, then repeat, till all I got was clear. Reinstalled w/ old gasket (not a good idea). Same problem w/ fluctuation and high idle. I'm going to bleed the cooling system next and chase down this stupid vacuum leak. Good luck on your end, plz update.

---Sept2. Just got some time to **** w. it. Bled cooling system// Cleaned iacv again and made sure the valve moved smoothly throughout the range, but most importantly leak was coming from cruise control vacuum tank or engine mount solenoid. Capped it @ the manifold cuz I'm lazy. Idle is good/ fast idle good/fluctuation gone. I'm back to liking my car again. Whats going on w/ yours?

Last edited:
Back