Engine prob, Help guys

nyckidd

Reaction score
I got a 98 Lx 5 spd and i was coming down the Van Wyck here in NYC and was opening it up and around 90mph 4000 rpms the car started tugging and slowing down. What can this be??? help me plz before some mechanic beat me in the head with some silly prices

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Someone should beat you in the head for driving on public streets like that. Anyway to diagnose your problem your going to need to give us more info. It sounds like a limiter but our cars don't have those

Last edited:

nyckidd

Reaction score
Someone should beat you in the head for driving on public streets like that. Anyway to diagnose your problem your going to need to give us more info. It sounds like a limiter but our cars don't have those

Why have a car if your not gonna drive it? If you cant handle your car sell it, smart *** comments isnt what I'm here for, thanks anyway

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Why have a car if your not gonna drive it? If you cant handle your car sell it, smart *** comments isnt what I'm here for, thanks anyway

Driving and street racing whether or not you have another person racing you are two different things, there is a bold line dividing them. GL finding you problem before you end up smeared all over the highway, and hopefully you won't take anyone out with you.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Your attitude isn't appreciated either. This forum doesn't condone speeding or racing or general acting like an idiot on public roads.

Consider this a first warning.

addicted2hondaz

Reaction score
did your cel come on?? if so your car just went into limp mode ... this exact same thing happens to me every 2700-4000 miles change your oil(while resetting your ecu) and it should be fine if it comes back on then your vtec solnoid screen is clogged and before you ask on how to do that just search it here"vtec clog" or something like that its should be one of the first threads that pop up and some threads have pics... glwp

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well of course, if you got to a mechanic and play idiot then he will rape your wallet. I would just make sure your
Oil level is okay, your maint. Light has no performance alterations to your vehicle. It just reminds you to change your oil.

Back