Engine revs up and down on its own

LeAccord

Reaction score
This happened to me last year when i was away for about 6 weeks and the car had just been sitting there in the garage without being started.. Drove it around for about an hour or so and it went away..

McLovinCG3

Reaction score
hey i did the coolant bypass on the iacv also... but what i did was loop the line that the coolant flows through.... should i just remove the lines or put everything back???

Chris Vu

Reaction score
hey i did the coolant bypass on the iacv also... but what i did was loop the line that the coolant flows through.... should i just remove the lines or put everything back???

If it's not broken, don't touch it.

McLovinCG3

Reaction score
I blew my hg, so decided to clean out and mod my im and tb...... I had done this same thing to my cb7 with no issues at all.... My question is, does the iacv require coolant flow in order to work properly??

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Oh ****. I just realized you said you did it on your IACV .. why ?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Definitely a vacuum leak somewhere bro. Hope you got it figured out. Generally, this would have nothing to do with any coolant bypasses done previously, or coolant lines - the engine surging is caused by a vacuum leak, unless clearly some mechanical component has gone bad and needs replacing - or both.

McLovinCG3

Reaction score
Well i did a diagnostic and got iacv, tps, egr, and wide band O2..... The tps plug clip is broken so i plugged it break in, rapes it, then reset the ecu..... Now all it does is surge......... I'm going to re route the iacv again and see what it does tonight......

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Thanks guys....everything is back to normal now. Reconnected the coolant lines and cleaned the IACV with new gasket. :rock:

Back