engine swap

simplesedan99

Reaction score
ok im considering swapping a h23 or h22 or whatever engine everyone is talking about swapping into my car...the only thing stopping me is that i have put a significant amount of money into my f23....

which engine is the easiest but also most cost efficiant and benificial to what i wana do?

i guess what my question here is...well ok i have and AEM sri, and a full custon exhaust....plugs wires n some grounding....

will any of that....(except the exhaust i can just take it back with new headers n they will mount em up) but like will the intake fit up to it? and how many plugs does a h series engine take....n i can figure out plugs from there.....could i reuse those plugs and wires from my f23 and just switch them over...

and to sum it all up.....a list on what i will need(except engine and trans) to complete this swap....

and will the 5 lug swap still be available if i do a swap?

and my grand total request......cut me some slack......if i get the info i need and price everything out then i can start getting financial aid from my ever loving parents haha:thumbsup: but if i dont then me and my dad well.....:Starwars:

thanks and positive replys would be nice....but doesnt matter.....haha i just need the info

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Well if you think you put enough in your f23 with those mods get ready to pay a chunk for any type of swap lol it won't be cheap. Also you can still use your intake and exhaust you might have to mod the exhaust but you can still use it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
::blank face::

Is this really happening?

The most cost efficient is a 6 bolt 4g63, its a Mitsubishi 2.5L motor. Built for boost from the factory. You'll have to get all new plugs, wires, and electrical system. You're gonna need to replace the muffler bearings, knader valve on the intake, and probably relocate your blinker fluid resevoir. Also, you'll have to make your own motor mounts because every accord has different ones. Most people just use fiberglass and fill it with expandable foam to make it handle all the hp and tq from the motor. Actually, since its a turbo motor, you may have to get a whole new exhaust, 2" would be the best size.

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Please search...you could have answered all of your questions much easier, and avoided being flamed :madrun:

I would agree with Greg, definitely the 4g63. It's very strong because it was made for turbo, and you can do the 5 lug swap with this motor, it supports it fully and wholly.

Oh..and by the way..H22 motors don't support the 5 lug swap, sorry :bash: :bash: It causes premature wear on the muffler bearings.

Last edited:

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Please search...you could have answered all of your questions much easier, and avoided being flamed :madrun:

I would agree with Greg, definitely the 4g63. It's very strong because it was made for turbo, and you can do the 5 lug swap with this motor, it supports it fully and wholly.

Oh..and by the way..H22 motors don't support the 5 lug swap, sorry :bash: :bash: It causes premature wear on the muffler bearings.

Ahhhhh yesss... the muffler bearings.....

Sonnick

Reaction score
You're gonna need to replace the knader valve on the intake, and probably relocate your blinker fluid reservoir. Also, you'll have to make your own motor mounts because every accord has different ones.
How could I forget the knader valve? :doh:

The blinker fluid reservoir..ahh very important. Do NOT just take the blinker fluid reservoir out. You MUST be careful with it because without blinker fluid, well, your blinkers will not work which will cause all sorts of transmission problems.

Motor mounts you can always custom make from Cardboard and Styrofoam, so no biggie there. But, being that all Accords have different ones, it may be difficult to fabricate.

Back