Engine temperature is to cold

MALWARE

Reaction score
The title says it all. My check engine light went on when I got into my car to go to work. After work I stopped by at my brother's house and he scanned the code. I forgot what the code was but it, it said that engine tempis below normal temp. This actually happened to me 2-3 months before.we cleared the code and now check engine went on again. Car is a 4cyl auto.

james'99

Reaction score
+1 on xci's diagnosis. In reality, that's the only thing it could really be with the exception of a bad temp sensor or possible a pocket of air in the system in the vicinity of the sensor but this doesn't seem to probable at this time.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Start with thermostat because its super cheap and bleed the air like you always should. I think there is a bleed valve in the area around the thermostat, behind it closer to the engine, if you didn't know. Does the temp gauge sit on the low side? It should be about the middle, mines a little lower, but my car runs pretty cold.

MALWARE

Reaction score
Sorry for the very very late reply, I have been very busy with work and other personal stuff for these last month's. My car has just been sitting until recently. I will just replace the thermostat. Thank you for the reply.

MALWARE

Reaction score
Yeah I will just replace the thermostat, and I did not know about the bleeder valve. The temp does sit on the lower side.

Back