Engine won't start sometimes?

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
yea i had the same problem, but it turned out to be my security system/alarm. im not sure if u have one, but once mine was disabled and unplugged, m car was fine afterwards. cuz after awhile this problem would happen to me periodically until my car wouldnt start anymore.

paypalbid

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It is likely to be the Ignition Switch which IS A RECALL so take your car to the dealer and get it fix for free. Eventually your car may shut off while driving.

TheHunter

Reaction score
yea i had the same problem, but it turned out to be my security system/alarm. im not sure if u have one, but once mine was disabled and unplugged, m car was fine afterwards. cuz after awhile this problem would happen to me periodically until my car wouldnt start anymore.

Yeah I do have an aftermarket alarm, I have no idea what brand since it came with the car, but it has had some strange issues before, but nothing that has related to startup as far as I could tell, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I had the same problem. It is likely to be the Ignition Switch which IS A RECALL so take your car to the dealer and get it fix for free. Eventually your car may shut off while driving.

I like how everyone says that they've had the same exact problem, yet have a different remedy haha. I think if it were the ignition switch, when I turned the key the car wouldn't try to start right? o_O

silverbullet99

Reaction score
Is this only when your car is outside on a hot day? I had a similar problem when I first got my EX. It was only on hot days when I parked the car out in the sun all day. It would crank and crank but not turn over. Once the sun went down and things started cooling off, it would start right up. Try rolling down your windows and opening up the sunroof (if you have one). Let the car cool off for a bit then try cranking it. I forget wtf my problem was tho, my dad ended up bringing it to work one day and the techs fixed it. This was a few years ago when I didnt know much about cars. I'll look around for a receipt or something and see if I can tell you what it was.....

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
you know i had this problem awhile back, either its your idle sensor or your throttle cable was kinda loose, my problem was my idle sensor it'll start up but once it did it just died when i replaced that everything was fine

TheHunter

Reaction score
Is this only when your car is outside on a hot day? I had a similar problem when I first got my EX. It was only on hot days when I parked the car out in the sun all day. It would crank and crank but not turn over. Once the sun went down and things started cooling off, it would start right up. Try rolling down your windows and opening up the sunroof (if you have one). Let the car cool off for a bit then try cranking it. I forget wtf my problem was tho, my dad ended up bringing it to work one day and the techs fixed it. This was a few years ago when I didnt know much about cars. I'll look around for a receipt or something and see if I can tell you what it was.....

you know i had this problem awhile back, either its your idle sensor or your throttle cable was kinda loose, my problem was my idle sensor it'll start up but once it did it just died when i replaced that everything was fine

I don't think either of those are my problem... idle sensor maaayyybe.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
well the security system/alarm i had was also the ignition kill switch cuz i remembered before wen i used it i tried to start the car with the alarm activated. i would start the engine but wouldnt turn over but once i pressed the button, the engine turned over

storms

Reaction score
Well I had a simular problem but it wasn't with my accord, it turned out to be the crank sensor if it malfunctions no spark will be transmitted to the coils. this does only apply if you have a distributorless ignition 2000+ accord!! just my thoughts!!

Back