Exhaust backfires?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
EVO's seem to be more of the pure racers car...but the WRX is well balanced with comfort, accessories, power, and MY GOD that exhaust sound.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
so if you could have gone to talk to your shop buddies and gotten their advice, why did you post it on here where you knew you would get flamed????

and for the record i'd take a race car as a second car over a semi-race car with creature comforts every day of the week

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
I said i wanted peoples opinions as previously stated.

As for the semi-racer comment. Unless this is going to be tracked hardcore, a wrx is more than enough. I would like to go to meets and some meets can be hours away. Sorry i'll keep my wrx.:eh:

EDIT: The wrx isnt a second car. Its my car and my parents will get another car after the accord is sold. So i would rather have a comfy wrx than a racecar evo.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Gotta be something more productive you can do with your funds than this.

leave the flame throwing exhaust tricks to the Lead Sleds and pure race cars.

:coffee:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ok, wrong choice of words, but you get my point.

Even the option of running rich and deleting the cat......not worth the expense, unless you have money to burn(literally) for gas at these prices.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
here's my suggestion, don't try and fake the funk

real sports cars do this because they're REAL sports cars, they have engines built to perform to levels that don't belong on streets. this, to me, is like adding a big aero wing (or for your subie terms, the rally spoiler). You're only doing it because you want to look cool, reminds me of why kids wanted to put numerious things on their cars back in the day that we would now flame as being ricer mods.

when your comfy wrx becomes a power hog and it starts shooting flames on its own then you won't be dealing with 7 pages of shenanigans, and you won't have to feel all butt-hurt over people telling you that they think you're a fool

1slosedan

Reaction score
here's my suggestion, don't try and fake the funk

real sports cars do this because they're REAL sports cars, they have engines built to perform to levels that don't belong on streets. this, to me, is like adding a big aero wing (or for your subie terms, the rally spoiler). You're only doing it because you want to look cool, reminds me of why kids wanted to put numerious things on their cars back in the day that we would now flame as being ricer mods.

when your comfy wrx becomes a power hog and it starts shooting flames on its own then you won't be dealing with 7 pages of shenanigans, and you won't have to feel all butt-hurt over people telling you that they think you're a fool

Couldn't have been said better.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Lol, im not butt hurt and i don't feel like a fool. But that is the kind of opinion i was looking for. So, thank you.

Back