Exhaust loud

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
So I've had a 2in catback to dual OBXR mufflers, I really like the deep sound of it but I am getting tired of how loud it is... What can I do to make it quieter

rooky

Reaction score
Add a resonator or two

Resonator_zpscyqnki7e.jpg

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
I was hoping to be able to keep the deepens and for it to be a little loud when I really get on it... Will this happen with the resonators?

rooky

Reaction score
Depends on the resonator you use, OBX makes resonator too since you have their mufflers. But I cant guaranteed you which brand or construction will achieve the deep loud tone when you romp it. Some resonator is perforated with fiber glass packing while some are dimpled inside as shown in the photo.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
Alright, so I've done some thinking and am planning to buy an electronic cut out... Anyone know where to get a super quiet resonator for cheap?

rooky

Reaction score
Let me guess, you want to run a stock exhaust with a cut-out for when you want some noise? People do this everyday and it works fine just make sure who ever installing the exhaust angle the cut-out slight downward. And make sure your car is not too low because people who done this find it hard to climb over speed bumps with a exhaust cut out. As for super quite cheap resonator go search E-bay.

Back