exhaust rubing ?????

intel0116

Reaction score
so basicly i installed 2.5" piping from my cat to my single muffler conversion (v6) i had this set up with no problems for the past 2 months, and i have the TL-s RSB, and as of few days ago im noticeing a rattleing noise coming from back there, is it possible that its rubing on the RSB ? i heard that it was common on i4s that have the progress RSB, is it an issue with the TL-s RSB on v6's ?

i hope its that and somthing not as serious, like i said thats the only thing i could think of, but im not 100% shure because it sounds like somthings hanging loose and rattleing/rubing.
any ideas ?

Tphong

Reaction score
If it's like a vibration noise one of your exhaust hangers could also be loose as well.

turbo_911

Reaction score
It also could be that your exhaust hanger hits against the frame, that's what happened to me when I installed CL-S muffler.

Also there won't be any noises from TL-S bar touching the muffler hanger as it is stationary. Mine was touching and no noises from there but I still bent my hanger a little to give more room. I also had 4cyl model, where on v6 it should not touch it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have the same bar, no problems. Get under the car and move the exhaust a bit, the rubber hangers will allow it to move back and forth a little. Maybe you can find out where something is hitting, if it is exhaust related.

intel0116

Reaction score
just tryed that out a few mins ago, lifted the car and shook the pip and muffler, no noise, wth !, i have a fealing its somthing serious like a control arm.....

turbo_911

Reaction score
Did you try to wiggle muffler side to side? what about up and down?

Also are you lowered? Check all the bushings in the back and see if anything is torn or wiggle suspension around with your arm. Everything should be sturdy and solid.

intel0116

Reaction score
Did you try to wiggle muffler side to side? what about up and down?

Also are you lowered? Check all the bushings in the back and see if anything is torn or wiggle suspension around with your arm. Everything should be sturdy and solid.

yeah wiggled the muffler up and down and side to side (lol thats what she said) ..... and nothin, and i didnt think to shake my bushings, im gona go try that

intel0116

Reaction score
ok so i just finished check again lol, nothing making noise as far as bushings go, but this time i put my car on a lift at a shop down the street, cost me 10 bucks, anyway walked uder the car and shaked the muffler and pipes again but this time a lil more agressive, and suddleny the noise started happening, as i suspected its rubing on my RSB, and i think its cuz the muffler shop did a crap job and dident mount my pipe to anything, only thing holding it up is the muffler hangers....

Back