F&F Type 1's feel too bouncy in front

Munchiez

Reaction score
Hello all. I just recently got my F&F Type 1's and had them professionally installed. The only concern I have so far is that they seem to be way too bouncy in the front. Like when I go over bumps my front end seems to keep bouncing a couple more times after I go over. I think they might call that rebound? It also feels like my car is lopsided and bounces through a left turn. It doesn't feel the same for a right turn. I don't feel like taking it back and having to pay again for them to adjust them to my liking, so I was wondering how I would go about adjusting a problem like that myself? I know how to lower and raise them using the bottom perch and not the spring sperch, etc., but I don't know if it's a problem with the spring-rate, preload or height? I have a 99 sedan with stock wheels about 1 inch tucked. Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Munchiez

Reaction score
Do you have the same preload on both sides?

I never adjusted them before or after they were installed and I don't know if the people I took it to adjusted them or not. Do I just measure from the top perch to the preload perch and make sure they are the same height to check that?

Varnell

Reaction score
They may have adjusted it correctly, but the preload should be checked again after the springs settle.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
The preload is always done by ff. They shouldnt need adjusting. Have you ever driven a lowered car ? You might just not be use to it and youre rhinking its doing all these things but its really not

Brad2274

Reaction score
lol i didnt do any preload when i installed my tein SS, but i have them on the lowest setting and on oem tophats.
if you push down on the front end and it bounces back a lot that can be a sign of shock problems, how lows are they set?

Varnell

Reaction score
lol i didnt do any preload when i installed my tein SS, but i have them on the lowest setting and on oem tophats.
if you push down on the front end and it bounces back a lot that can be a sign of shock problems, how lows are they set?

Teins are tapered. My Street Basis don't have a preload.

mrnude

Reaction score
There pretty bouncy on rough roads but nothing to extreme. I don't experience any rebound on bumps in fact it's the opposite lol it feels like it never came down if that makes sense.
Rebound to me sounds like there blown

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
The preload is always done by ff. They shouldnt need adjusting.

is that why the spring perch collars were all loose on mine why they showed up? haha.

you should always adjust the preload yourself when you get your coilovers. they just need to be snug on the spring, that's it, and if you don't like how that rides, just tighten them up more. mine rode like shit so i added more preload in the front and it was a little better...about as good as it's going to get from function and forms garbage suspension andyway.

Back