F2 Type 1 with OE rims

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
good luck getting the oems out.. haha i had one hell of a time trying to get them out. if i could give you any tips on that, it would be undo the brake line harness thing for the rear, you'll see what i'm talking about, it holds all the brake lines together, and make sure you remove the sway bar linkage in your front wheels, and when removing the strut, try and get it out towards the side thats closest to the rear wheels. i just did this so if you need any help, pm me, i'll be glad to help out, (and i'll have pictures, since i'm readjusting height and getting my alignment/camber done soon :D)

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Disconnect the bracket that the endlinks attach to. So much easier.

But yeah.... rent yourself a spring compressor from AutoZone. Makes it real easy...

JoeyG401

Reaction score
thanks errybody....the coils shoulda been here by now but im still waiting, last time i pay for 2 day shipping....

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
Looking forward to the stance you accomplish with those OEM Wheels. I plan on dropping soon and will keep be using the Accord SE Wheels/running 205/60/15's.

Are you planning on keeping oem size? I believe if you want to go for 'some' performance, I wouldn't personally go with anything higher than 16"s. :beer2:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
lol have fun with stock wheels. my fronts went bald from rubbing the wheel well on off ramps. i dont rub at all up front with my new wheels

JoeyG401

Reaction score
Looking forward to the stance you accomplish with those OEM Wheels. I plan on dropping soon and will keep be using the Accord SE Wheels/running 205/60/15's.

Are you planning on keeping oem size? I believe if you want to go for 'some' performance, I wouldn't personally go with anything higher than 16"s. :beer2:

Eventually Id like some XXR 962s prolly 17s.....but i plan on getting racing slicks put on a couple of the 15s im running right now for races.

I like how the 15s run though and im not really in a rush for new rims, the drop was my biggest goal for a while lol (most expensive anyways)

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
Indeed, I left the drop for last in my case. Modded the accord inside and out and went back to stock size since I like the feel of the stock tires. I plan on dropping soon but I'm on the market for some coilovers, in order to adjust dampening and height come winter. Who knows if we'll be getting some snow this year up here in the NW.

Anyway, I look forward to your shots of the F&F Set up :D :coffee:

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
Hey all i need help choosing some coilovers
I have a 2002 Honda accord coupe Se 4 cylinder and i'm gonna be putting coilovers on stock rims so 195/65r/15 BUT i'm getting 18 inch chrome next summer.
I'm not looking to slam just a 1.5 to 2.5 inches MAYBE 3 not sure i'm just doing it this year to get rid of fender gap next year.

How is the ride quality with type 1? when adjusting height are you adjusting the bottom mount so is the spring rate the same throughout?

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
Also i wanna know my car is 92 XXX miles and do you feel upper mounts are necessary and shoudl be purchased with a coilover system or better just to use OEM ones.

Back