F2 Type I, Tein S-tech, other questions

mew1838

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a few questions

1) Are the Type I F2 any good? I heard they are made in China and I am wary of durability. The price on them are pretty sweet though, not much of a difference from the spring/strut combo I am looking at. Are these recommended?

2) How soft are the tein S-tech exactly? I am more performance oriented but the drop of tein seems pretty perfect to me, not too low. Are they OEM-like, softer or stiffer than that?

3) What other spring options do I have to pair with Tokico Blue? Neuspeed Sports are the next thing on my list but the drop isn't as low as the Teins but they are stiffer? Sportlines are also on my list

4) I plan on keeping stock 15" wheels, how will this affect the drop? Will I be lower than people with 17s and will I rub? Are Sportlines too low for me?

5) I am pretty frustrated with my suspension search :confused: Just want to get it over with

Last edited:

LoveLee

Reaction score
i know F2 had some problems with their coilovers, but i dont know the details about that. im sure one of the other OG's can tell you more than i can.

tein s-techs should be a pretty soft ride, and i would say about the same as stock. which could be good or bad depending on how stiff ur looking for.

i had neuspeed sports on my last car, and it wasnt low enough (for my taste,anyways) the ride was a little stiff but not that far from stock.

eibach sportlines would be a nicer drop,if i remember its about 2 inches. my guess is that they will be stiffer than the previous two.

lol, if you plan to just get a spring/shock combo (with any of the mentioned above) and are definitely staying on the stock 15's you will not rub, at all. you wouldnt be any lower than someone with 17's if they have the same suspension as you, their car would appear to be lower because the wheels fill in the gap more.

hope that helped.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Eibach haz boat look. S.Techs don't, which also give ~2" drop. I think my stance is pretty decent for a lowering spring actually. It's certainly not as soft as OEM ride, paired with the Tokico HP struts. It's just a much better feel without being harsh at all.

Assuming you get the correct tire size (diameter) it won't affect your drop one way or the other. but a bigger wheel puts itself higher in the fender wells, meaning it will look lowered more, most likely. Just like Leeann said. :)

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I think for comfort and lowering i would go with sportlines... It lowered my car and still gave me that stock feel so i would recommend that 100%, i dont think it had the boat look but to each their own

for better answers, look up the suspension review thread

mista jc

Reaction score
F2s - have them, they're great. Low as you want or high as you want. People with exp. on other suspension setups will say there's better out there. But for 550, NOT BAD at all.

Sportlines - great drop for springs only. Make sure to get right part # accordingly to your motor, not sedan/coupe.

H&R - great drop for springs only. May not suit to your needs but paired with right strut, it's a great setup. (Koni Yellow adjustable)

S.tech - great drop for springs only. Heard there's a few knockoffs floating around.

If you're planning on sticking with the Tokico HPS, then I'd say Teins or sportlines are for you, maximum drop without losing comfort, budget friendly and won't cause excessive tire wear. (More camber, or tires out of ur pocket)

Do alignment afterwards :roy:

finch13

Reaction score
Have you hit up the suspension review thread? TONS of info in there. All you guys (and girl) hit it right on the button!

swollen_cu

Reaction score
i have the f2 type 1's and i love them. They aren't too stiff and they ride almost like dropping it with lowering springs+aftermarket shock, just a tad stiffer and less squishy.

You can go as low as you want and as high as you want. haha I had my car dropped about 3 inches, and i still had like 2 inches of tread left on the shock body to go.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
I've heard great things about the F2 type 1's from different members on here, they seem great for the price. I plan to pick some up over the summer.

trevendous03

Reaction score
i have the f2 type 1's and i love them. They aren't too stiff and they ride almost like dropping it with lowering springs+aftermarket shock, just a tad stiffer and less squishy.

You can go as low as you want and as high as you want. haha I had my car dropped about 3 inches, and i still had like 2 inches of tread left on the shock body to go.

:rwerd:

I def agree with him. I also have the F2 Type I coilovers, the new version, and they ride decently stiff, but it's actually still a comfortable ride because of the way they're designed. They're dual-tubed. They don't bounce all over like some spring setups do... you feel in control of the car, not the car in control of you.

I'm dropped 3 inches also and still have somewhere from 2-3 inches left on the thread. lol They're amazing for the price... a lot of the inexpensive coilovers are made in China. I don't know why China gets such a bad rep, they're hard-working people who make less errors in manufacturing than a lot of American companies do. Megan Racing, D2, Ksport I hear are all made in China as well, and look how they're becoming popular. :D

Back