F20B and P5m ECU

gsrteg

Reaction score
I have a question I've been meaning to ask, but couldn't find the courage to ask on here. I know alot of you guys are gonna blast and say, "why the F20B? Why not go H22?" I got my own personal reasons. But anyways, I wanted to know if running the PCB Ecu along with the F20B engine, will it pass emissions? Any engine light codes? Will i have to bypass the immobilizer on the PCB ecu (I already purchased a Doctronic.at Immobilizer Bypass Chip, waiting for it to arrive)? and if all else fails, will the US Prelude P5M-L03 Ecu work with the F20B engine?

Thanks guys. Let me know.

gsrteg

Reaction score
So far I have the P5M ecu, and waiting for the Doctronic Immobilizer chip.

IMAG0860_zpsa1bfbab5.jpg

IMAG0857_zpsc131ea3b.jpg

IMAG0861_zps2a636181.jpg

619rcr

Reaction score
No. JSpec ecus do not communicate with USDM scanners. Auto fail in some states. i do not know about using other ecu to run f20b, i have no experience with f20b. I am running h22, obd1. converting back to obd2 to pass emissions. Its a lot of work to make obd2 cars pass emissions with jdm engine. I had a really hard time getting my egr valve to work.

Last edited:

gsrteg

Reaction score
No. JSpec ecus do not communicate with USDM scanners. Auto fail in some states. i do not know about using other ecu to run f20b, i have no experience with f20b. I am running h22, obd1. converting back to obd2 to pass emissions. Its a lot of work to make obd2 cars pass emissions with jdm engine. I had a really hard time getting my egr valve to work.

I was hoping someone would say the P5M ecu would work. Anyone else have experience with making the F20b work with a US OBD2 ecu (staying OBD2 and pass emissions)?

619rcr

Reaction score
It will run the h22 engine, i dunno about f20b. It will not pass emissions if your state looks at the computer by scanning for codes or check engine light. I had an P5m at first & ditched it cheap on ebay because of no communication with us scanner. I was using a Snap On Modis Scanner too, not a cheap code reader. I verified with Boomslang fabrication (maker of my obd conversion harness) they said no jdm ecu communicates with usdm scanners.

Try reading up on P13A12. Maybe it will work with F20B.

Last edited:

gsrteg

Reaction score
It will run the h22 engine, i dunno about f20b. It will not pass emissions if your state looks at the computer by scanning for codes or check engine light. I had an P5m at first & ditched it cheap on ebay because of no communication with us scanner. I was using a Snap On Modis Scanner too, not a cheap code reader. I verified with Boomslang fabrication (maker of my obd conversion harness) they said no jdm ecu communicates with usdm scanners.

Try reading up on P13A12. Maybe it will work with F20B.

I'm gonna do more research on this. Thanks for the input.

Back