F20B Bogging?

Reaction score
I have an F20B in my 2001 accord. Recently finished up some main parts of the swap and took it out for a drive. The car has 2 main problems, the idle is high (around 2,000) and when you drive it and you step on the gas to get going, the car starts to bog pretty badly. I'm getting CEL codes 14 and 10, which are IACV and IAT I think. I am using an H22a4 intake manifold so that I was able to solve the 2 pin IAC problem. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're running an obd1 ecu? What ecu is it?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
For the IAT, I found this that could help test if you have a multimeter:
picture_32591_zps9e69bb63.jpg

The IAT pin is D15 on OBD1 ECUs, with D22 being the ground.

As for the IACV, the above link doesn't seem very accurate. The picture he was using is for OBD2A and 6th gen Accords have OBD2B. Never did any repinning on my IACV conversion.
Doesn't hurt to double/triple check your wiring though. On the OBD1 side, A9 is for the IACV. on the OBD2B side, it should be B23.
If that's good, maybe you got the wires on the IACV connector mixed up. Assuming your pigtail is colored the same as mine, YEL/BLK connects to YEL/BLK and BLK/BLU connects to BLK/BLU. the black wire you just tuck away and forget about it. If they're different colors, a picture might really help.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help on diagnosing the CEL codes, ill be sure to use that as a guide. Do you have any idea as to why the car has high idle or bogs hard? Would either of those have to do with the IACV?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
It could definitely be possible, but other things could also cause that. I would say focus on fixing those CEL codes and seeing if the problem goes away. Also you might want to clean out the IACV in case it's dirty while you're doing everything else.

Another thing that could cause the high idle would be a vacuum leak. Maybe you accidentally installed the manifold wrong/forgot to tighen down a gasket all the way/made a hole in a hose. But I think the reason for the IACV code is the more likely culprit.

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Hey man try plugging valve under tb with two nipples and run coolant lines str8 to iacv then plug line that goes bak into block should work had same problem last night with mine that seem to solve it

hiding phone so boss wont catch me on 6th gen

Jonmullins84

Reaction score
Dose anyone know which white wire go's to the crank sensor is it the larger white one or the little white one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back