f20b vs h22

Testofaman4

Reaction score
Whats going on guys. I have an I4 98 accord and looking into doing a swap later on this year. Going on http://www.jspecautosports.com/default.aspx I saw the engines that I could probably put in the car. I know the h22 is more popular and is easier to find parts for, but i also like that the f20b is more rare and a little cheaper. I know the h22 has more torque as well but my question is the f20b as easy as a conversion as the h22? And if i swap either engine will I have to get rid of power steering and AC. Thanks for any help guys.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
H23 out of a euro R. Problem solved.

wrong

I thought the f20b was out of the euro r

wrong

To the OP stick a H22 it has been done many times and therefore will be easier to diagnose if something goes wrong with the swap. In addition to that the H22 will be far easier to tie down than a F20b

Last edited:

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Wtf h23? Even the damn engine mount is the same as the f23. Maybe I wasn't specific. Anyways. If you find a cheap *** h22 do it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
H22/F20B or Vtec H23 --- All mount the same, heads are the same, only major differences are the bottom ends and cams. You won't have any problem getting powersteering or A/C to work with either swap.

Pick one and move on.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're the same mounts dude. Google image it, search honda-tech, same pictures, same issues w/ drivers side motor mount. Thats why everyone says to either modify one or get the innovative mounts (which I've heard aren't exact either).

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
They're the same mounts dude. Google image it, search honda-tech, same pictures, same issues w/ drivers side motor mount. Thats why everyone says to either modify one or get the innovative mounts (which I've heard aren't exact either).

I second this.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
...don't get me started. If you mean the way the motor mount is bolted to the block, then yes they are the same. Now the mount itself, on the h23/f20b is the same dimensions as the fseries mount. The 'jdm' h22 mount is the goofy one that is longer and needs to be modified.

Back