f23 build

hotaccord243

Reaction score
alright, huge update, with really bad news!

first, the head gasket wasn't the only problem, i warped the head, which is shaved down and fixed, but when the head was off, the pistons were loose in the cylinder!

sooo.... i had it checked out, and yep the bottom 1/4" of the sleeve was cracked off, and trashed all the pistons!

so i am getting some money back from the sleever, and is sent out to ERL for sleeving, not just the replacement but the real deal this time and buying new pistons so could be a little longer till i get actual numbers!

this really sucks, but hopefully this time it will be done the right way by the right people this time, not someone else, so wish me luck, sorry for the letdown on not getting any numbers posted lately......

the good sleeve is on the left, and you can see where there is a chunk missing on the right sleeve.
DSC02297.jpg

Last edited:

turboputz

Reaction score
I would have given up so long ago. You are one serious trooper dude. After what I've seen in the last month with boosted Accord engine failure I am fairly confident turbo is not for me. But all the power to you brother... and you will have all the power.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
yeah i know that i should just give up, really but its like if i give up, im already have half a built motor, with perfectly fine rods, and a built head. just need sleeves and pistons.

yeah this boosting thing is either you get it right or your f***ed, so its so tricky, but i just am so determined to get right its sad, but i just wanna have a fast *** accord up there with the few, built turbo'd accords with no engine swap ya know?

thanks for the props man, i appreciate it, and yeah hopefully once i get all this sh** figured out i will have all the power but until then, bring on the waiting game once again, haha

stinker504

Reaction score
Just be patient and it'll pay off. If you stop now all your hard work will be for nothing. Keep us updated!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
thank you for all your support guys, it means alot i will definately keep you updated!

its going to be ERL sleeves this time around the MID style i believe and along with that they make an open to closed deck conversion for my motor so that will be installed also along with the same JE pistons but new!

stinker- thanks a ton man you know the whole story because i keep coming to you with questions, and its good to hear that from someone with experience in this area

and darkside- thanks a ton to you too, you also have been reading whats going on and supporting me through it all

i love this forum because everyone is so supportive and not so critical of everything like every other site, i am a true follower of 6thgenaccord.com thanks to all of you here!

Sonnick

Reaction score
^^ Good to have you here :thumbsup:

This build looks sick. Sorry to hear about the sleeves. What doesn't kill the motor only makes it stronger! :rock:

Good luck with the rest of the build and keep us updated like you have been! :)

hotaccord243

Reaction score
haha okay sounds good i didn't know there were stickers, ill look into that for sure,

yeah it kinda sucks that i have to learn the hard way on how to sleeve a motor, but heck, i learned so much about my car through this process!
thats so true, sonnick, it'll only make it stronger, and of course i will keep you updated im just as excited as you guys are to find out what this motor can do!

and it is definately going to probably never end, ill keep pushing this car to its limit, i already have plans of upgrading the turbo, tranny, lsd, axles and stuff so it'll be a monster when im done with it!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
well i have another update for you guys!

i just got off the phone with the shop, and the pistons are ordered, and being dropshipped to ERL, and ERL said it should only take 2-3 weeks max, to get the motor sleeved so shouldn't be too long, i will know for sure how long by next week,

that is what will be going on with my motor, it is the superdeck I from ERLperformance
superdeck1-5.jpg

ill keep you guys updated as i know more......

Last edited:
Back