F23 or G23+ Boost

callmeevan

Reaction score
Currently my accords running a f23 vtec, im planning on building it up and boosting it. But im also thinking about building a G23 for future boost. From what i know f23s are great for boost, but what about these "g23" engines? I understand it will still have the low compression of the f23's but what else should i be looking at?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with a single cam when you are adding turbo. The f23 is not really a low compression engine for turbo, but its not too high. I would recommend head studs and maybe a shim to raise the head up a bit and lower compression for more boost.

callmeevan

Reaction score
g23 is hard enough to do...and you want to boost it? just buy a new car dude

It would definetly be a project to put together, i just think it'd be pretty cool - I just dont know how reliable the ending product would be.

its more a matter of how much money u want to spend on it :rofl:

Trust me, I've thought about this too hahah

There is nothing wrong with a single cam when you are adding turbo. The f23 is not really a low compression engine for turbo, but its not too high. I would recommend head studs and maybe a shim to raise the head up a bit and lower compression for more boost.

Thanks for input man.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
if you want to build a turbo g23 and money is not a very big deal, take your time and build it properly outside of your car. do your research, dont cut corners, dont rush, get it assembled properly and tuned by people who know what theyre doing and there's no reason why you couldn't have a great reliable build.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
g23 has its flaws in power out put thats why i am against it... not that much of a gain and the f23 head flows better...i would go with turbo f23 all the way

Tphong

Reaction score
G23 is a big hassle to deal with. The engine harness needs to be modified for the new h22/h23 head that's put on. Pistons to be changed out if you want to run more boost. Headers need to be modified to fit the exhaust, don't know about a turbo manifold. Have to change the timing gear and change the gear on the water pump. Get ARP head studs. If you're car isn't already a 5 speed then you'll have to do a swap or you can try the other ways you can think of. It won't have a clearance issue with the hood though Well I believe if it's already a 5 speed though it shouldn't be that hard of a build. If you like DOHC and the iron sleeves on the f23 block then go for it. Like Deshon said build it out of the car much easier on your life. I attempted to do one in the car, but failed and scrapped it. You'll definitely be different from others. Well if you decide to do this build, I got a lot of parts for this build and I just don't want it.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
g23 has its flaws in power out put thats why i am against it... not that much of a gain and the f23 head flows better...i would go with turbo f23 all the way

who said the f23 flows better?

my power output at 155 whp is due to the OEM cat.. a hi-flow cat would prob get me over 160 whp... and remember that i didn't even touch the block...

boost is cheap too for the g23 as u can use the manifold from an old eclipse or evo... 16g or 18g turbos are plenty too

but it's up to u... the g23 could be a monster, but i half-a$$ed mine lol

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well lets not say 150 because on the dyno its really like 120 or something like that... i was just saying that the f series heads are one of the better flowing heads that honda has made.

if i was to list them, i think it would be
f23
h22
d16
f22
etc...

im talkin bout over all honda tho but btw the h22 head and the f23 head for boost, i would say f23 all the way

Back