f23 swap, help?

2eyecandy15

Reaction score
puting in my new-er f23a in the 6thGen today..never proformed an engine swap and never seen the whole prossces go down but im goin to atempt it.
i bought a haynes manual and hopefully it helps lol
any tips or or tricks would be greatly appreciated

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
an engine lift and a few friends who know something about engine swaps would be useful

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
an engine lift and a few friends who know something about engine swaps would be useful

This. But their shouldn't be anything tricky going from and F23 to an F23, unless ulev and or vtec get involved.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Good luck! It shouldn't be harder than getting in a few awkward positions to release the engine and then pulling it out is easy. You'll need to take the axles out, unplug all sensors and hoses, take it off the mounts, and lift out.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Shouldn't take more than a couple of days. It took me a little long cause my ****sman, tools and parts on the car kept breaking. GL

F23A1AT

Reaction score
When I did mine thus summer it took a long time cause I could only work in the morning cause if work in the afternoon. Got everything put back together in 5hrs tho.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
I can pull a motor in 11.6125 minutes....

... as long as its a air cooled opposed 4 coming from the rear of a VW...

last couple I did, I threw a B18C into a EG in a day, threw a B20 in a EG in half a day.

first thing I ever did though was a B18/manual swap in an EG and it took me about 3 days! but I even swapped the entire body harness over from the donor car...

Ive actually never pulled an engine and put the same thing back in its place, but as easy as it is to change engines, replacing with the same has to be cake! good luck.

Back