F23a1 Turbo build (update 10/20/12) DYNO

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ That has nothing to do with compression in its sense, it has to do with the tuning. Low compression is better for boost they say, but it all depends on the tuner when it comes down to it. You get what you pay for.

greekpizza

Reaction score
Are you running sock internals? Make sure your compression is still high or even good. I made the mistake of doing a full build on my h23A, the compression was not to thepoint that a turbo would run effectively and long story short...otw to get it dyno'd & tuned = smoke city. I had to have my block ored and sleeved, new pistons, forged rods, springs, etc. basically a whole engine rebuild after doing the h23 swap. I will post pics soon...

This build was already completed. If u look at the bottom of the OP u will see the Dyno sheet. I have another build thread for the g23 I'm currently building. But to answer your question the stock piston rings held boost and compression was not an issue on my new build we are rebuilding the bottom end.

rdxd

Reaction score
awesome :D - love the blue cover - how much did the boost job set you back? both parts and labour - considering boosting my F23 but need to sus out expenses

greekpizza

Reaction score
awesome :D - love the blue cover - how much did the boost job set you back? both parts and labour - considering boosting my F23 but need to sus out expenses

this build cost me about 3-4k with exhaust and tuning. Your biggest expenses to account for would be custom exhaust. Your ECU which can differ depending which route you take. Im running a chipped p28 tuned on NEPTUNE, to do this you have to convert the car to obd1. Your turbo and wastegate are obviously another large expense. I would plan on a minimum budget of 3k by the time you are up and running.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I would plan on having at least a solid 4K set aside for everything that this involves. Unforseen things ALWAYS happen.. No matter how hard you try to prevent them. That's why they are unforseen :evillol:.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ + 1... When you look at it that way, SOOO true. Imagine building the RB26DETT like one of the other members on here (ZFreak)... He must be rolling in dough :ugh:..

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I thought you built the insides? Guess im reading to many build threads going on..lol
Congrats on getting it all done!
put it together yourself?(engine assembly)

greekpizza

Reaction score
I thought you built the insides? Guess im reading to many build threads going on..lol
Congrats on getting it all done!
put it together yourself?(engine assembly)

Someone revived my old thread. Current Build is a G23 turbo. Build thread is in my sig.

Back