F4K3 1D's '98 Red Coupe. UPDATE 4/9/12

F4K3 1D

Reaction score
Just picked my car up from the shop after having a new engine put in to replace the aging original F23a1. I managed to find a local F20b with 80,000km on it and got it for a good price. Shoaib at JDM Source here in Calgary hooked me up and their mechanic did a great job on the install (see picture below).

Mods:

Motor: f20b, Installed 4/9/12

I.C.E.

Head unit: Pioneer AVIC-X910BT
Fronts: Pioneer TS-D1602R
Rears: Pioneer TS-A933
Subs: 1x Kicker L5s10
Speaker amp: Alpine MRP-F300
Sub Amps: Rockford Fosgate 1000db for the Rockfords
Alpine MRP-M450 for the kicker.

F4K3 1D

*****EDIT**********

a picture of the engine bay today after the install! Really happy with the performance in the short duration i've driven it so far. A lot more power than she had before.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Re: F4K3 1D's '98 Red Coupe. Big things coming

Couple things....

There are one or two treads on here about the B2 kit, while it IS probably one of the better looking body kits for this car (you'll find bodykits aren't very popular on this site), there have been fitment issues with the kit. One guy on here Darryl (shavedaccord) never even got his on the car because the fitment was so terrible, that the amount of modification that it was going to take to get it on the car made it not worth it.

Regarding the shaving of door handles......there are a couple of guys on here that have done this as well (again Darryl, shavedaccord), and they will tell you it was one of the biggest mistakes they ever made. It's just not practical on a daily driver, and if your battery goes dead, you basically ****ed.

Regarding the tail lights and headlights, search for reviews on them and you'll see that most people that have had them have gone back to stock or modified stock lights. I don't think anyone here will support the underglow lights either.

Sounds like you have a lot of good plans for the car. I would just suggest doing a little more research before you dive in. Anything you can think of to do to your car, has been done here and there is a thread about it.

Good luck, welcome to the site.

Lowman

Reaction score

go darker than legal tint cuz if its 50 like it is here that just aint cuttin it

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Nay on headlight/halos. Just get or make your own blackhoused. Also nay on underglow neons.. That was played out a long time ago. Everything else sounds like a good plan to me!

Welcome to 6GA :rock:

- Nikita

flash25

Reaction score

welcome to 6ga....this site :rock: and one more thing the shaved handles and neon glow :boo:

F4K3 1D

Reaction score

JMillerua6, russianred, and for the welcomes from others: THANK YOU. I've been searching around for lips and, yeah, from what I've read about fitting kits, I'll put some more thought into it.

Back