Factory Keyless for my Accord Problem

JaimmyAC

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1998 Accord Sedan and I have a factory remote for my car that I want to program, however, the car comes with an aftermarket radio, and I've heard that the stock radio runs some wiring for the keyless entry. I have already tried programming the remote but theres nothing. Is there some sort of way to rewire the keyless entry for my remote to work? Thanks!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Many people have aftermarket radios/double dins, so that should not affect the keyless entry. Did you have a good set of programming instructions to follow? What trim level is your car? Does the little LED on the remote light up when you push any of the buttons? What number is on the back of the remote?

Last edited:

JaimmyAC

Reaction score
My Accord is an EX, and I've tried a couple of different remotes I have for this car, but nothing, yes the little LED light turns on, I don't know what might be wrong? The security system works when all doors are locked and everything the remote just doesnt want to program.

JaimmyAC

Reaction score
With the instructions I have seen online and also the one that comes with the remote, you have to turn key to on position, press the lock, then turn off, and repeat, but I dont hear the doors lock to continue the reprogramming.

Back