Fan died, over heating...

Bax

Reaction score
if you wanna upgraded I recommend the isis 12" slim fans. I got mine from 240sxmotoring.com they're like $45 a piece plus shipping. I've got them on my car and even being turbo'd and driving the car hard the temp gauge stays about 2 notches lower then it did with the stock fans. and they're pretty simple to wire to.

How long have you had them?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
since december. car's only been on the road since march though. my buddy's been running on his s14 for a year or two though. no problems, and that thing used to overheat all the time when we would go drifting with the stock fans wired to stay on all the time.

metrick1235

Reaction score
ok so two 12inch fans will fit? i guess the first question should be what size is the stock? pic maybe of your setup?

metrick1235

Reaction score
Ok just got my fans yesterday.. heres a question.. are both fans push or pull... or one goes one way or the other... Seeing as both are dead i cant figure it out...

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
did you buy stock fans or the isis one's I suggested. if you got the isis ones just wire them in without any soldering and use a match or a cigarette and see which way the smoke goes when the fans turn on. you can mount them on the front or the back its up to you. the stock fans are pull through I made mine push through since I needed the extra room for my turbo and downpipe.

Reactions: Bax

metrick1235

Reaction score
No i got some quite racing fans but they can push air or pull air.. and was wondering what the stock ones did... Im guessing i want them to Pull the warm air off the radiator but idk.. They can be wired either way..

metrick1235

Reaction score
well i mean the wiring for the motor can run both ways..but i figured it out.. friend of mine let me take a look at his accord... anyway so now on to a new problem... only One side works... If i switch around the wires from fan to fan, then the one that wasnt working now works and the one that was doesnt.... I have checked my relays (good), fuses(none blown) and wiring.. Compressor bad maybe? Dont have like ice cold ac, but its cooler than running with nothing!!...

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I don't think thats your issue. I don't even have a compressor and both my fans work. try wiring one normally and run two jumper wires over to the other one and see if that works. or if you have a volt meter you can test the leads on the wires that aren't working.

Back