few pics from the last day of my high performance class

scrapnav6

Reaction score
:bowdown::bowdown:

i might think about going there again.

its just a ***** to think about spending that much money to go there.

do they provide students with tools and what not?

edit: just realized you said u were using wrenches and screw drivers at home so i guess not

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
The best mechanics are the ones that work with limited tools, this i know.

You forgot to mention the flat 4 subaru ur working on

thats true but it'd be nice to have a decent set of basic tools.

no I didn't there's a big paragraph about how I think the kids car is going to blow up cause he doesn't know what he's doing.

JW. Ive been looking at both schools. I do like Wyotech better so far. I really wanna go to an oped house. What classes are you taking/have taken?
I took the automotive core and high performance powertrains and I start motorsports chassis fabrication january 3rd

ah so that's what your shop looks like

just like in the brochure kind of :lawl:
haha yup!

:bowdown::bowdown:

i might think about going there again.

its just a ***** to think about spending that much money to go there.

do they provide students with tools and what not?

edit: just realized you said u were using wrenches and screw drivers at home so i guess not

they provide you with every tool you need while your in class, and we get a hardcore discount on snap-on tools while your enrolled so you can buy your own tools.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
500whp factory wide body supra tuckin rediculously wide wheels in the rear. pretty sure they were like 12 or 14 inches wide. :drool:
IMG_0136.jpg

Bet it still runs 12's :lawl:

scrapnav6

Reaction score
they provide you with every tool you need while your in class, and we get a hardcore discount on snap-on tools while your enrolled so you can buy your own tools.

I go to my local community college and study automotive tech and the snap on guy that comes to our school told us that we get up to 65% off of our first purchase. But the intrest rates for there financing is fing cahrazy

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Bet it still runs 12's :lawl:
lol bet he crashes at least one more time. :duckhunt:

I go to my local community college and study automotive tech and the snap on guy that comes to our school told us that we get up to 65% off of our first purchase. But the intrest rates for there financing is fing cahrazy

haha yeah I know we get something like 70% off and I heard all about the interest rates at the snap-on tool thing they had yesterday at school. The set and box I was looking at was a little over five for a huge box and a bunch of tools and after tax its almost 7k ****ing ridiculous.

Drift

Reaction score
Thats some cool stuff. We never got to do anything like that at UTI. We had to work on sh!tty push rod engines that made 200whp.

Snap-on is expensive, but its worth it. Our Snap-On guy comes by every Tuesday and has no problems giving us 0%. It think its up to the driver/owner of the truck. If you get a dickhead, he might want to charge you interest.

Do you find that a lot of the instructors like to talk sh1t about imports? or are they cool? That was a huge gripe I had about UTI. All the instructors were old v8 guys and had no respect for any import, even if they saw it run an 10 or 11 sec 1/4mi. (which is what they all judged cars by).

I did get one instructor who used to build Top Fuel engines (think +8000hp) to admit that Honda's build the best OEM cranks out of any manufacture. The Twisted Forged cranks that Honda uses are entirely over built.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Thats some cool stuff. We never got to do anything like that at UTI. We had to work on sh!tty push rod engines that made 200whp.

Snap-on is expensive, but its worth it. Our Snap-On guy comes by every Tuesday and has no problems giving us 0%. It think its up to the driver/owner of the truck. If you get a dickhead, he might want to charge you interest.

Do you find that a lot of the instructors like to talk sh1t about imports? or are they cool? That was a huge gripe I had about UTI. All the instructors were old v8 guys and had no respect for any import, even if they saw it run an 10 or 11 sec 1/4mi. (which is what they all judged cars by).

I did get one instructor who used to build Top Fuel engines (think +8000hp) to admit that Honda's build the best OEM cranks out of any manufacture. The Twisted Forged cranks that Honda uses are entirely over built.
yeah we had **** to work on through the core. all the cars you saw were student projects.

as for the V8 thing some of the instructors are like that but our main instructor Nate is in import guy mainly DSM's so it was pretty well balanced between the two.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Makes me miss taking Shop Class in school.

Very cool, Patrick, thanks for sharing the pics, and looking forward to how well you have put your skills to use.

Latest posts

Back