few questions about exhaust

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
so a few weeks ago my exhaust snapped after the cat and ive decided to replace it. since i don't have a large amount of money to spend i plan on buying a cheap catback system on ebay and replacing the muffler with a magnaflow muffler. i plan on buying the magnaflow 14832 muffler which has a 2.25" inlet. my problem is is that the catback i found on ebay is 2.5". so my question is will that size exhaust even be compatible to mount with the stock cat because im pretty sure the stock exhaust is 2.25". the muffler im gonna have welded at a shop so that wont be a problem. plus i could always get a muffler with a 2.5" inlet.

cfox28

Reaction score
^everybody loves coffee here. I drink the bur :beer2: but yes stay at 2.25. one option would also be to have the exhaust shop custom bend pipe for you, you would have to get a resonator too, but idk. luckily your not trying to fit ebay headers, but a cat back shouldn't be that bad, just the 3 bolt flange at the cat and the rest is held up by gramuts, just make sure there is the right amount of hangers for the gramuts to hold. on the v6 it should be 5

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I actually hate coffee. It's the image that this emoticon give :coffee:

And we were saying go 2.5 all around... Not stay 2.25, what's the point of that if you're already doing the whole thing.

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
thanks guys. this is my attempt to save money since my timing belt is gonna be changed soon which will cost me about 120$ but luckily ill do that myself. but basically my main concern is if i purchased the ebay catback that was 2.5" isnt the inlet to the stock cat only 2.25"? would i have any problems with a leak and would it bolt right up?

Back