few questions on interior bulbs

sajin

Reaction score
And i'm done! This is how it came out. Apparently I was lucky and each bulb worked the way I put them in. Thought they were polarized but I dunno. I'm happy I didn't have to turn any around. Would of been screwed if I needed to.
IMG_1636_zps7d1e594f.jpg

When I replaced the bulb for my clock I ordered a high powered LED and a regular one. The regular one was brighter for some reason so I had an extra neo 3mm laying around which was a perfect fit for one of the bulbs behind the P,R,N,D4,etc.. on the cluster. Took out the blown one and threw in a high powered one. This is how it looked and I left it in there for shiggles.

Regular standard bulb
IMG_1633_zps16741a95.jpg

High power led cool white
IMG_1632_zps0dbd7cbc.jpg

sajin

Reaction score
I decided to remove the blue film behind the clock and now clock is brighter and whiter now. :)

With blue film
IMG_1637_zps80573655.jpg

Without blue film
IMG_1639_zps814eadbe.jpg

This little bastard can go rot in hell!
IMG_1641_zpsc8ad91c8.jpg

Last edited:

LeAccord

Reaction score
I decided to remove the blue film behind the clock and now clock is brighter and whiter now. :)

With blue film
IMG_1637_zps80573655.jpg

Without blue film
IMG_1639_zps814eadbe.jpg

This little bastard can go rot in hell!
IMG_1641_zpsc8ad91c8.jpg

Hmm my climate screen doesn't light up .. :/ must be something wrong with mine..
And my clock light doesn't light up either .. :/

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@Alexanderham, most of our clock lights don't light up any more, don't feel bad. You have to upgrade the bulb, it was a design flaw from the factory.

@OP, nice job, does your odometer have a hot spot, or is that from the camera flash?

LeAccord

Reaction score
@Alexanderham, most of our clock lights don't light up any more, don't feel bad. You have to upgrade the bulb, it was a design flaw from the factory.

Lol Alexanderham? :thinking:

I switched all of my interior bulbs to led but the clock and climate control screen still don't light up .. not too sure on the problem . I can't see the temp settings and whatnot on the screen at night and i'm always forced to use my phone to check the time. Phone is mounted above the clock on a suction mount though.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yes, Alexanderham....."Like a Sir".

We're trying to add a bit of sophistication to the site.

:lawl:

It could be a fuse/wiring issue that you are having, why yours still isn't lighting up.

LeAccord

Reaction score
:lawl: Sophistication .. I like, I like very much indeed, Sir Derekham?

Hmm the clock theres a chance I might've done something when I short circuited it and blew a fuse when putting the bulb in whilst it was still plugged in..
But the climate control is another issue. I'll have a look at it when I am bothered to take it apart again ..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Where 'ham or 'ton doesn't work, Sir is fine. :coffee:

Should be a pretty easy fix since it sounds like a fuse problem.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
What color kelvin are your LED bulbs, I'm gonna remove the HVAC filters and wanted to know to keep out as much blue as possible.

sajin

Reaction score
@OP, nice job, does your odometer have a hot spot, or is that from the camera flash?

It does have a hotspot. I think i'm going to have to purchase a new bulb with better dispersion just for the odometer.

I switched all of my interior bulbs to led but the clock and climate control screen still don't light up .. not too sure on the problem . I can't see the temp settings and whatnot on the screen at night and i'm always forced to use my phone to check the time. Phone is mounted above the clock on a suction mount though.

When I put in a high powered LED into my clock screen, it didn't light up either. If you disassemble the unit, you can see it gets "lit up" by the side of the bulb and not the front. You can either switch to a regular LED bulb or open up the unit and put some aluminum foil on the side/front of where the high powered LED sits to disperse the light more.

What color kelvin are your LED bulbs, I'm gonna remove the HVAC filters and wanted to know to keep out as much blue as possible.

The bulbs I used were normal LED bulbs, not the high powered ones. I got them in "Cool White." I believe that ends up being around 6k IIRC.

Back