FF Type 1 Inquiry

l34merik

Reaction score
Hey Varnell,
did you ever decide on what you're getting?

I've had ground control coilovers + Tokico illuminas for 3 years. I just don't drive as spirited anymore so I'm looking for something more comfortable. Thinking about buying new coilovers. So far I'm leaning towards Teins.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Like with any coilover... driving habit plays a huge part. 95% of all F&F coilovers I've sold to members here never had issues... that's really good. I'm not saying those that went bad were due to driver error either but then again, I will never know... BUT, if only 5% had issues due to faulty product, that says it's still a great product. I got over 60k miles on mine and now due for new shock replacements.

Just saying ;)

todd_cards

Reaction score
Like with any coilover... driving habit plays a huge part. 95% of all F&F coilovers I've sold to members here never had issues... that's really good. I'm not saying those that went bad were due to driver error either but then again, I will never know... BUT, if only 5% had issues due to faulty product, that says it's still a great product. I got over 60k miles on mine and now due for new shock replacements.

Just saying ;)

you will have another buy within the next week sir! ill be giving you a call

Varnell

Reaction score
Hey Varnell,
did you ever decide on what you're getting?

I've had ground control coilovers + Tokico illuminas for 3 years. I just don't drive as spirited anymore so I'm looking for something more comfortable. Thinking about buying new coilovers. So far I'm leaning towards Teins.

I went with Teins and they'll arrive at my house tomorrow. I drive my car all weekend for work so I won't put them on until Monday. Since you're running a similar setup to what I have on my car right now I'll let you know how the ride comparison is next week.

Varnell

Reaction score
Got the Teins on. I'll post some pics later. They can drop about 3" front and rear.

They feel like sex! Not the awful kind where everyone involved throws up and cries afterwards; smooth, but firm.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my ff type 1 since 08 or 09 and put on 50k miles on it so far, not a single problem yet. I am very satisfied with the product.

305S0L

Reaction score
After reading the opinions expressed in this thread. Im going with the type 1's. Will post an ongoing review once they are installed

NASOHC

Reaction score
BTW

Be sure to go back and adjust preload on coilovers after running them if you do not preload them 1/2" before installing them. Most noise related issues are because after the spring breaks in, they end up moving slightly within upper mount and lower collar.

TuckerPunch

Reaction score
So did you ever put teins on your car? I'm at the same point you were a few years back trying to decide between teins and ff type 1. I see on your profile your riding type 2 now did you not like the teins?

Back