FF TypeII with stiffer springs or switch to BC?

chino581991

Reaction score
Hello all, so I have ff type 2 on my car right now and the spring rates are 12/8 but they feel way too soft. I definitely need a stiffer ride since I got my new wheels and I don't want to max out the dampening.

So I was thinking of changing out the springs with something stiffer, probably go 14/10 or 14/12. If I change out the springs, what should I be looking for? Brand? Does length of the spring matter, that kind of stuff.

My other option is to just sell the ff and get BC racing. My friend just ordered some for his IS with custom swift springs and low kit. I've also heard a lot of good things on the forum about them as well.

I want to be able to go lower (riding at 23-23.5 ground to fender right now i believe)

EDIT: Suggestions and opinions are greatly welcome. I use my car as a DD as well

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
For type 2's you are able to upgrade the rates without blowing the shocks like the type 1's.

You'll need a spring that is 8" long and 2.5" or 65mm in diameter.

Type of springs you can use is endless.

Swift, hypercoil, eibach, megan, and tein is what I coild think of atm.

Edit: sine you already have type 2's I would say just upgrade the springs, if you didn't already have these shocks I would say go for BC's no doubt.

chino581991

Reaction score
Thanks, this helps a lot!! Could I go with the spring rates I stated above without blowing the shocks? If not, whats the highest

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
You should be fine with 14/10.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40341&highlight=swift+spring

Here is Abe's DIY of replacing the type 2 w/ swift springs. He went with 15kg and I don't think he has a problem with them.

My bad, I guess they are 7" of spring length.

The Type 2's should be able to handle 10kg since the type 2.5 offers the 14/10 setup and all it has over the type 2 is Eibach springs over the function form springs.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Bc, overall a better company to deal with, replacement parts are cheaper after your warranty expires.

Mine arrive tomorrow, I can't wait

chino581991

Reaction score
You should be fine with 14/10.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40341&highlight=swift+spring

Here is Abe's DIY of replacing the type 2 w/ swift springs. He went with 15kg and I don't think he has a problem with them.

My bad, I guess they are 7" of spring length.

The Type 2's should be able to handle 10kg since the type 2.5 offers the 14/10 setup and all it has over the type 2 is Eibach springs over the function form springs.

Wow this is great! I'll definitely reference this when I change out my springs

Bc, overall a better company to deal with, replacement parts are cheaper after your warranty expires.

Mine arrive tomorrow, I can't wait

Very nice, when I decide to retire my FF, I'll get BC! What spring rates did you decide to go?

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I went with 18f 12r. Sounds extreme but for my ride height and fitment goals it's needed

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Back