FF1 Height Help

tubbsbright

Reaction score
ALright fellas- what am I doing wrong here?

I was hoping to lower my 99 Accord 2dr in the rear about 1" - 1.5". It looks like if I back the red sleeve out all the way and thread it in about 1" it will still drop me 3-4".

1. Should I lower the collars at the spring? I thought that would mess up the pretension.

2. How much thread overlap do I need for the bottom red pinch bolt piece?

Pics:
http://imgur.com/hgkcMVe,HH7W5MR

TIA for any help.

FNCONE

Reaction score
My fronts are at the highest i can put them, I cant go higher (about 1 inch threaded I believe should be safe, that's what i have) these things go low. I think you wont be able to do a 1.5 drop with these sorry.
DON'T MESS WITH PRE-LOAD if you don't know how to adjust them accordingly

They are fat tires though

picture.php

Brad2274

Reaction score
what stops that red piece from coming out on a big bump or ditch? is it threaded? :thinking: ive been considering getting a set

tubbsbright

Reaction score
I screwed in the bottom section of the coiliver in about 1-1/2" - 1 -3/4" (There's only 2" of threads to use) and the drop was about 1". Might go back and lower it a 1/2" to give it the full thread and a lightly lower drop.

Hugs and kisses,

TJB

FNCONE

Reaction score
what stops that red piece from coming out on a big bump or ditch? is it threaded? :thinking: ive been considering getting a set

Yes the bottom red piece threads on... mines fine after almost 2 years threads are not damaged (but my car doesn't move a lot)

I screwed in the bottom section of the coiliver in about 1-1/2" - 1 -3/4" (There's only 2" of threads to use) and the drop was about 1". Might go back and lower it a 1/2" to give it the full thread and a lightly lower drop.

Hugs and kisses,

TJB

I'AM SORRY I just noticed you where talking about the rears, disregard my post from above

Back