Ff2 preload and height adjust

Varnell

Reaction score
Can't get the preload to ****ing lock. Every time I go to adjust height the preload just ****ing changes.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: FF2 quick help

Well, I'm headed to the shop now. I doubt he knows how to adjust them.

Varnell

Reaction score
Alright, guys. I've tried everything I can think of. I even took the coilover off the car. It was super easy to adjust. Had to lower it to put it back on. Height won't adjust when it's on. Only the preload ****ing changes. The bottom collar is loose.

Wtf am I doing wrong? Been out of a car for two days now.

Varnell

Reaction score
Guess nobody had this problem with their FF2's. I don't understand why rotating the bottom perch doesn't make the threads go in and out of it. It just messes with the preload.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I have ff1s but havent had this problem. Make sure the 2 locking perches right below youre spring are tight then the loosen the bottom one and turn the entire unit. The spring shouldn't turn.

Varnell

Reaction score
Some videos had the spring turning. This is the technique I've been using. The rears adjusted easy as can be without a single millimeter change in the preload. The front is a whole 'nother story.

Varnell

Reaction score
Took it to a custom shop. Apparently my Ingall's camber kit is jammed in the wheel well which isn't letting the coilover adjust properly.

chino581991

Reaction score
You sure to 2 locking perches right below the spring are tight? When I adjust my ff2, the springs turns when I adjust, but my preload doesn't get effected

Varnell

Reaction score
Yea, it turned out that the coilover wouldn't thread into the lower perch because my camber kit was wedged in the strut tower.

Ground down the excess camber kit and it adjusts like a charm.

Back