Fiberglass sub Enclosure

dorky_doo

Reaction score
Hey wats up guys. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of Bassforms. They make fiberglass sub enclosures and they seem like a really good deal comparing to having a shop fabricate one for you.

Here's their site
http://www.bassforms.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1

Let me know what you guys think. I'm considering getting one. Does anyone know about fiberglass enclosures and its benefits versus a box. All i know is that they're suppose to sound way better.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Looks real tacky to me. Personally, never got anything from them, never heard of them either but the whole point of having a custom box is not so you have fancy looking thing in the trunk but a box specifically made in reference to you sub.
You should search some on enclosures before you spend the money on it. Remember, prevention is better than cure :)

HillACCORD

Reaction score
if your going to go the fiberglass route...make it yourself...i did it and im going to do another one

nexTOme

Reaction score
im not much a fan of fiberglass enclosures, but its up to you

im such a fanboy of fiberglass enclosure....

but sure, like badger said...its up to you......

again, you're such a whore :lawl:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
those are just meant to be out of the way, for 50 bux you can make a carpeted box tht will sit against the back wall and will sound 3x better. wouldnt look as cool.

HillACCORD

Reaction score
those are just meant to be out of the way, for 50 bux you can make a carpeted box tht will sit against the back wall and will sound 3x better. wouldnt look as cool.

actually ive had both and as long as your subs are made for closed enclosures they sound just great. looks a heck of a lot better than just a box thrown in a trunk too, you be the judge:
038.jpg

mild2wildaccord

Reaction score
You want to save space go for it. Sound wise if you like hardcore deep bass don't do it. Show wise, no! function wise no! Save your money and make your own box. If your going fiberglass minus well go all show out.

Swollkat

Reaction score
My buddy fiberglassed a 15" into his wheel well. That mutha hit hard!! I'd also port your back deck because it will bring the bass into your cabin and reduce the amount of trunk rattle.

Back