Finally got a tint ticket :(

startswitha

Reaction score
I've always kept stock spare windows in my garage. If I get a ticket, I swap the untinted windows on and get it signed off. Don't worry about it too much, I think you should get it tinted again.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
70% is so light though.

And you're actually gonna shell out for crystalline?
For the peace of mind of not getting pulled over, the comfort not and to mention the 10 year warranty that comes with the film, that would be the best investment I ever made once summer hits haha. btw The crystaline heat reduction is about same as 5-15% films.
TBH I wouldn’t bother with 70%. The limit on front glass here is 50%, and even the difference between that and non-tinted glass is very negligible, especially in sunlight. As a result I went with 35%. Wish I'd have gone darker.

Are tint tixkets expensive? The dark tint on your car made it look so sleek. you could put it back on though it sounds like you're over worrying about it. Cops usually don't bother you about tint unless you're doing something else like speeding, etc. But then again I've heard Cali cops are nazis.
They run between the $20-$30 range,
Out here in California cops really don't have much to do, and they can if they want to pull you over only to give you a tint ticket it happened to me in my old car with just 35% on a overcast morning and the cop told me it only looks dark because of the overcast and still gave me a ticket. Even when i had my 15% on my accord every now and then cops would bust a u turn or even ride next to me just to see how dark they really were and every time i would roll the opposing window down from the cop to make the tint appear lighter worked every time and the time.
In CA... if you take off the tint and get it signed off, the ticket cost will be $25 + fee to have it signed off. However, if you don't want to remove it and just pay the fine. It should be around $320. If your a repeat offender, you might not be able to get it signed off.

Legal tint in CA is 70% for the front side windows.. nothing on the windshield.. any % on the rear and back. You can get a doctor note to have lower tint for the front.

yea but even with the 70% you need a doctors note ca doesn't want anything on the front windows unless prescribed, my ticket was around $170 to just pay it and the cost of the crystalline film for the front doors is around $145 which is equal after factoring the fee after getting the ticket signed off in.

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
For the peace of mind of not getting pulled over, the comfort not and to mention the 10 year warranty that comes with the film, that would be the best investment I ever made once summer hits haha. btw The crystaline heat reduction is about same as 5-15% films.

It's more heat reduction than that :lawl:

They don't even compare.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
957c5771af48670ba7a0f0e1d252dda9.jpg

decided to just put it back on, unfortunately they only had 20% and my two rear Windows are 15% it's not too noticeable in the day time but at night it really stands out.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
In Delaware, we can't have anything on the front windows but we can get a medical waiver so my dr signed off for migraines and photo sensitivity. Now I can legally go as dark as I want. I don't know if Cali has any loopholes like that but worth looking into.

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
In Delaware, we can't have anything on the front windows but we can get a medical waiver so my dr signed off for migraines and photo sensitivity. Now I can legally go as dark as I want. I don't know if Cali has any loopholes like that but worth looking into.

This is interesting.. how can you convince the doctor to give you the medical waiver??? My car doesn't have any tint on it but this sound like it's a legitimate reason to get away from the ticket..:):)

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Well I actually do take medication for migraines so not hard for me, however I doubt it would be too hard to convince a dr that you get them. Only test they have ever ran on me was a cat scan which revealed nothing but most drs order no tests for migraines. Light sensitivity is really what it's about.

Tectonickz

Reaction score
Haha I tried once to convince my doctor that the sun hurts my eyes after awhile and gives me headaches while driving (which occasionally it does) but he told me even with that problem it's no excuse to have tint as dark as 15 or 20 %.....or maybe he just caught on to me.....oh well

Back