Finally introducing myself after 6 years

k24accord

Reaction score
What's up guys/gals? Figured I would introduce myself after being a member for 6 years. I made a thread and a few posts the first day I joined and never logged back in because I forgot my username. Happened to get a random email today (after all these years) and figured to take a look. My first forum to ever register to and the very first posts I ever made actually made me chuckle (mainly my grammar) quite a bit.

Anyway, my name is Aaron and I'm from Punta Gorda, FL (SWFL). Currently I have a 8th generation 09 Accord Sedan 4 cylinder which goes quite well with my username. Originally wanted a 6th generation when I joined but waited a couple years and got a new 8th generation, the 6th generation I was suppose to get ended up getting traded in for another 8th gen because of tranny problems at 70k miles. My 8th gen has a few mods but nothing too crazy, the car itself has roughly 106k at the moment. Car is due for a full detail at the end of the week along with replace rotors/pads and a tune up.

Here are some recent pics (please excuse the filth and phone pictures):

CAM00472_zps72d4fee3.jpg

CAM00473_zpsf1283f39.jpg

CAM00474_zpsf8aee401.jpg

CAM00475_zps3616e40a.jpg

Emphasis

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome back.

Did you just acquire the car recently? Is there anything in particular that you like, or don't like about the 8th gen? And how has maintenance been for the car?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I haven't looked much into 8th gen owner responses. The car looks nice btw.

Again, welcome back :)

k24accord

Reaction score
welcome to 6ga.

Thank you!

Hi, and welcome back.

Did you just acquire the car recently? Is there anything in particular that you like, or don't like about the 8th gen? And how has maintenance been for the car?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I haven't looked much into 8th gen owner responses. The car looks nice btw.

Again, welcome back :)

Thank you! I actually had the car since new (2009), so I've driven all the 106k miles. Things I like about my Accord is mainly the reliability, the looks which I find is very subjective especially for this particular generation, and handling. Things I do not like would be the fuel efficiency, i4 lacks torque, some of the interior pieces are cheap (namely the vinyl center console armrest and door armrests which start to bubble), and the rather loud interior (common on all Accords though).

There was an issue with the rear brakes (2nd Gen TSX had this issue also) where the 2008-part 2010 models had rapid and uneven brake pad wear. The pads would last at most 25k for me since it was all highway driving. The issue was related to the caliper pins being reversed from factory, once that was fixed I have about 60k on my brake pads and plenty more left. All other maintenance was just the norm such as oil changes, transmission fluid change, tires, etc. A tune up is scheduled for next week though.

Thank you for the compliments on the car, I love how it looks currently. I plan to keep it this way on the exterior but maybe add v6 bumpers.

Shaggy

Fearless Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Ha ha, thats awesome, 6 yrs and finally get you back with one email. :)

Welcome back. What did you have when you registered 6 yrs ago. Have any old pics of it?

k24accord

Reaction score
Ha ha, thats awesome, 6 yrs and finally get you back with one email. :)

Welcome back. What did you have when you registered 6 yrs ago. Have any old pics of it?

Yeah, I was always wondering what the forum site was and what my username was. lol

I didn't have my own car when I joined, I was suppose to get my grandfathers 2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE but I ended up getting a new 8th generation a couple years after I joined. I use to take care of my grandfathers car before he got rid of it so I do have a few pics.

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

This is the day I got my 8th gen and the day before the 6th gen was traded in for an 8th gen
IMG_1794.jpg

Last edited:

Shaggy

Fearless Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Hang around as I do plan on possible adding a few other generation sections on here. We will see. :driving:

Back