FINALLY!!! My basement just got really messy!

F23A1AT

Reaction score
In regards to the bolts for the tranny they are M12x1.25. Have fun wit your build, personality what I'd do with the Turbo is ditch the eBay one. It may sound crazy but if you hit up a Nissan forum and find a used garret T25 and modify your flange those turbos can be had for 200ish and can be rebuilt cheaply when shaft play happens. The T25 is a serious kick in the pants. Just my 0.02.

slowrider87

Reaction score
In regards to the bolts for the tranny they are M12x1.25. The T25 is a serious kick in the pants. Just my 0.02.

thanks for the info on the bolts found some at ACE. i like your .02 btw, good idea

as for the turbo, i was looking at it taking your comments into consideration.... i noticed the nut on the end of the turbine shaft is shaved down on one side. so the turbo will be sold and a new one looked for as the build goes. i don't care about open or closed deck. colsed would be nice, but they make block guards for this reason. and i don't have plans for large amounts of boost. thanks for the good hopes guys!

hahaha38

Reaction score
Good luck on your build. You need to do some more research and I wouldn't run anything less then a T3/T4 with atleast a 63 hotside. That ebay baby turbo you have or a T25 isn't worth the waste of time to install on a h22.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
thanks for the info on the bolts found some at ACE. i like your .02 btw, good idea

as for the turbo, i was looking at it taking your comments into consideration.... i noticed the nut on the end of the turbine shaft is shaved down on one side. so the turbo will be sold and a new one looked for as the build goes. i don't care about open or closed deck. colsed would be nice, but they make block guards for this reason. and i don't have plans for large amounts of boost. thanks for the good hopes guys!

that nut is supposed to be shaved down. I have no idea why but its like that on my mitsu turbo on my ebay 60 trim and my buddy's garret GT35R. I've never seen a turbo that didn't have that nut shaved down.

As for the ebay turbo discussion I've seen lots of people make decent power for a long time reliably with cheap *** ebay turbo's. The JDMsport 60 trim I have will be going on my 240sx when the accords done and everything's paid for. I got it from a guy at my school making high 3's on a stock v6 in like a grandam or grandprix or something like that, and he'd been running that setup for over a year and a half so far with no problems.

The only thing to think about is if your gonna dump all this money into internals and sleeving you might as well buy a decent turbo.

when the time comes for you to start puttin it all together let me know. I'd love to help build an H series.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Good luck on your build. You need to do some more research and I wouldn't run anything less then a T3/T4 with atleast a 63 hotside. That ebay baby turbo you have or a T25 isn't worth the waste of time to install on a h22.

That depends on what the OP wants from the build. Streetable drivability or a track use powerband. The H is a high revving engine so either would suffice, but will he be beating the **** out of the car just to get boost and then shift loosing all pressure.

slowrider87

Reaction score
i found out the shaved down nut is for balance issues. but i'm still going to sell it. just cuz i bought it without doing any research on it forever ago. i kept it as motivation to get a build going. now that i have the engine i don't need the turbo for motivation.

i am mostly going for "streetable driveability", but not a DD. i won't hit the track often. but i would like to have a setup that will allow me to put down some decent numbers when i do.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I wish i was that organized, i kinda have heaps of **** here and there when dismantling engines. Then i have to hunt and find stuff when its time to put it back together.

Good luck !

persain48820

Reaction score
Nice buy! I thought I did good to pay $400 for mine but now I feel like I got raped lol! Good luck with the build though! I too am about to start putting mine back together once I receive my ACL rod and main bearing and front and rear main seals sometime this week. Hopefully I haven't gotten myself in over my head with it! Again, good luck with the build, I will be tuning in!!!

jdm egizzle 6

Reaction score
The term JDM or USDM is referring to the spec of the engine, not the manufacture location. The h22a4 is a USDM engine. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You should have tried to find a closed deck motor boost, they tend to last a little longer under pressure. That motor will do fine though. . . That turbo, I am skeptical about. Good luck!

This, this, and this!

slowrider87

Reaction score
This, this, and this!

pretty sure we're past my confusion on the "JDM" thing. and even more past me caring. Since JDM is the spec of the engine as Drift was so kind to enlighten me, then the way i see it even if it was a JDM motor to begin with it wouldn't be when i am done. last i checked boring/sleeving/and boosting changes the specs of the thing therefore stripping the "JDM" specs and title with it. so... moving on...

anybody WITH EXPERIENCE? have any knowledge of good sleeves to look into?

Latest posts

Back