Finished my lip today (56k)

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
lucky. I should go take a picture of my driveway at my mom and dad's house since I'm here for easter, that **** is so bad that I scrape frame in spots :furious:

See, now I wanna see it so I can see how bad it is :lawl:

I'm waiting until I get my new sides to see how much clearance I'll really have because I have to go in at an angle every time.

Not sure if it's even gonna clear... haha

Damn, came out really good man. props. Imma be painting some side skirts pretty soon, i hope i can pull it off like this. I got 2 questions for you; one, with the Pre-Val spray, you'll get a better quality paint job then just using regular spray paint straight from the can? And secondly i heard that sometimes, applying clear coats causes the paint to turn yellow. Is that true?

Thanks man! Yeah I'd say the Preval is better than a spray can because even though it has a smaller capacity its using the oem paint and not some off brand color and judging by what I saw it does actually have a little more of an accurate spread pattern when the paint comes out.
love that lip on a white sedan...

times like this make me want a sedan. then i look out my window and realize i still love my coupe. car looks bangin man!
haha thanks dude
pre-val guns are basically a disposable paint gun. yes, as long you know what you are doing you will have bettter color match and quality than spray cans. instead of needing an air compressor and a gun its just an propellant cartridge you can load with any paint to spray. very ideal for small jobs, lips, wings, accents, etc. and as for the clearcoat, that depends....good clearcoat=good paintjob. no yellowing. polyurethane topcoats are known for turning yellow over time, but you arent supposed to use em on cars. they're for wood pretty much.
Yeah I agree, I think just a simple generic clear coat and not over spraying it will make it turn out even. I think if you put on too many clear coats it may turn yellow on a white paint job because one of the outer layers is getting dirty and its not letting the white paint layer show through as well as if it only had one layer of clear coat to be seen through.

Like I know that sounds complicated but if you imagine it like there's an individual layer of color for each layer of paint, and the clear coat is invisible but it still has mass as a layer then its like putting on contact lenses and glasses at the same time and it obscures your vision.

Great DIY. I used the almost the same method to paint my black side skirts the factory color.

White on white....Car looks great.

:D Thanks man

yokomo

Reaction score
Wow it came out clean.

So first you wet sand it, apple the gray primer, apply the Taffeta white, and then clear coat?

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Wow it came out clean.

So first you wet sand it, apple the gray primer, apply the Taffeta white, and then clear coat?

correct, plus you need to cut it to make sure it will fit the bumper before doing anything.

and thank you :D

Back