*finished pics on first page* Want some TEASE with that wine?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Want some TEASE with that wine?

ah, the oven method...so youre a risk taker huh? haha.

i really hate that i had to use those damn shrouds haha.​

Bax

Reaction score

0808111731.jpg

0809110929.jpg

I let the paint dry over night, and popped them together this morning. I added some extra silicone around the seal just for added protection, and I will let that dry tonight. I'll put them on my car tomorrow morning. I can't wait.

Tell me what you guys think. :D

talontsiawd

Reaction score

Looks really good. How long did it take you start to finish with the Morimoto's, start to finish? It seems like it took you no time at all. These projectors really changed my mind about a retrofit (mostly in cost but they seem to be much easier) so I am interest to gauge how long it would take someone to do as I don't want to buy a second set of lights.

Now where is my cheese?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Looks great. My only complaint is that shroud. It's so small amidst the giant lowbeam reflector, and it doesn't taper out like an e46 or similar does. So I would personally find a way to fit a different shroud around it. Overall they look nice though.

Bax

Reaction score

Looks really good. How long did it take you start to finish with the Morimoto's, start to finish? It seems like it took you no time at all. These projectors really changed my mind about a retrofit (mostly in cost but they seem to be much easier) so I am interest to gauge how long it would take someone to do as I don't want to buy a second set of lights.

Now where is my cheese?
Both retrofits I have done, have (oddly) taken around 8 hours each time. The first time I didn't blackhouse my own headlights though, so I guess I got faster at it. Probably because I was more familiar with what I needed to do from the start.
If you daily your car it would be best to buy another set of lights. Because first time, a bulb blew on me so I had to ride around with the stock headlights on. Then this time I had to let the paint dry over night, now i'm letting the silicone dry. So I have my stocks on once again. lol

I also trimmed the shroud posts so they would fit further onto the projector. I'm happy because now they don't touch the lens like last time.

....what kind of cheese do you like? :eh:
Looks great. My only complaint is that shroud. It's so small amidst the giant lowbeam reflector, and it doesn't taper out like an e46 or similar does. So I would personally find a way to fit a different shroud around it. Overall they look nice though.
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the shroud, but it's whatever to me. I'm just glad I redid my retros and didn't break anything. :lawl:
Thank you. I feel a sense of accomplishment when respected people such as you from this forum compliment my stuff. :D
me like!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^x2
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Back