First accord build

RealG4Life

Reaction score
Hello, my name is manny and im new to the accord scene. Ive always owned/built civic and integras all D, H, K and B swaps but have never done an F or J. Well i do own a 03 accord EXL sedan v6 but thats my family car DD. I just recently thought on doing something different that i havent seen around my way and came up with a 99 accord EX 2.3L black on black 5-speed. First bought it as a winter car ( real good non-rusted conditions ) from an older lady very well taken care off with all maintenance up to date by dealer but now its starting to grow on me and i want to build it. my first plans it dropping a J swap on it but like always i like to go for the best and im not very familiar with this series so im doing my homework little by little and learning from what i see you guys post here. I seen some of you guys do a 3.5 block with 3.2 type s head and tranny. My problem is getting accross this J parts and swaps nearby or from a legit page. I dont like buying anyone elses headache unless is done right with papers. If anyone has any inputs or advices, they are more than welcome, hope to enjoy my stay here and make my 6th gen accord a total beast! Will post pics up as soon as it hits the morning.

meximan16

Reaction score
welcome to 6th gen, you got nice plans. you got any pictures of the car?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

So.....you want to swap a 6cyl engine in to your 4cyl Accord with your 5spd tranny?

Looks like you will have more things to research than where to get parts.

RealG4Life

Reaction score
welcome to 6th gen, you got nice plans. you got any pictures of the car?

I had on my old crappy phone just switched to new phone so all my pics lost but nothing special completely stock 99 coupe nothing at all straight granny car. Will post up pics as soon day light come by. Build wise im still debating what way should i got i really dont know what differences are between the 4 and 6 cyl bodies so thats why im here trying to learn and get as many ideas as i can so i wont make a mistake and regret later. My ultimate plans is to make a good strong DD with some good power that doesnt involve any turbo that might give me emission/inspection problems.

RealG4Life

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

So.....you want to swap a 6cyl engine in to your 4cyl Accord with your 5spd tranny?

Looks like you will have more things to research than where to get parts.

no not at all i do know i need to swap tranny as well to 6-speed if i do a J. The things i need more info on is how hard would it be and steps i need to take to make this J swap fit my 4 cyl chassis i know it has been done before but if its too much of a problem ill just got H then

meximan16

Reaction score
haha i missed the 4 to 6 swap. just do a h swap, it'll be alot easier and less stressfull lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, scrap the J-series plans and work with your F-series motor(there are several people on here who have done N/A and boosted builds with the F and H engines).

The fact that you already have a 5spd is a bonus.

You could also look in to building a G-series engine as well as doing a K20/K24 swap.

Between this site and v6performance.net, you are pretty covered for info. Be thorough in your searching and you should find everything you are looking for.

RealG4Life

Reaction score
Well, scrap the J-series plans and work with your F-series motor(there are several people on here who have done N/A and boosted builds with the F and H engines).

The fact that you already have a 5spd is a bonus.

You could also look in to building a G-series engine as well as doing a K20/K24 swap.

Between this site and v6performance.net, you are pretty covered for info. Be thorough in your searching and you should find everything you are looking for.

IDK about F but i do consider H since ive done it before in a civic coupe and well beat a type S k20 rsx twice in a row. Till now i havent seen any accord with a k20/k24 swap like i said no one around me has ever done accord they all into civic and integra so my question is what would be easier to do in my accord H or K? as well as money wise and reliability

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Well, scrap the J-series plans and work with your F-series motor(there are several people on here who have done N/A and boosted builds with the F and

IDK about F but i do consider H since ive done it before in a civic coupe and well beat a type S k20 rsx twice in a row. Till now i havent seen any accord with a k20/k24 swap like i said no one around me has ever done accord they all into civic and integra so my question is what would be easier to do in my accord H or K? as well as money wise and reliability

H series :coffee:

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Back