Fix the lip or buy a new one?

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Okay so I picked up a type r style front lip a while ago. I test fitted it, and it doesnt seem to fit right at all. There seems to be two ways to install it, one way is shown in this pic I snatched off of ebay:

typerlip.jpg

The other way would be how the mugen lip is installed, with the center portion going "into" the bumper instead of under it.

This is a pic of the test fitted lip on my car:

mylip.jpg

You can see how awkward it looks on the bumper. I think the lip is supposed to be installed the same way as the mugen lip, but when I test fit it that way, the lip comes up short on one side by about 3/4's of an inch.

So, what do you guys think? Buy a new lip for $140 and take my chances again, or take it to a bodyshop?

I've decided that if I do decide to get another lip, I'll order from BaysonR on ebay, seems to get good feedback from other members.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is for a 4-dr.....type r lips are infamous for that side tab not fittin properly...i kno one guy i sold one too took it to a shop and they mounted it for him no problem....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its not supposed to be mounted the way the picture on ebay depicts it. that guy, in the pic from ebay, is the only guy ive ever seen do it that way.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
In the second pic it doesn't look like it's fitting over the bumper like you mentioned.. I'd get a polyurethane one if you can, from BaysonR. Or take it to a shop for professional mounting. I hate messing with lip kits, so glad mines installed, and even so it's far from perfect :(.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
mold it on! :hide:

Haha nah I need to be able to take the lip off for the winter, it snows way too much up here to leave it on all year.

Here's the pics of it mounted the proper way, and another pic showing how short it is on one side.

lipfitment.jpg

short.jpg

I'm starting to think that it would probably be cheaper to just take it to a shop.

Edit: These pics make me wanna drop the front some more..

Accord281

Reaction score
The lip is made for sedans. Your only option is to heat it up and stretch it to fit.

Back