Fixed! Car doesn't start. Help!

Brad2274

Reaction score
Re: Car doesn't start. Help!

before you take apart anything or buy anything, check ALL your fuses, mine did the same thing, turned out to be blown fuel pump fuse from a short

Jimsun

Reaction score

The car didnt start when boosted.

I will do the following now.

I checked all the fuses.

Jimsun

Reaction score

about 8v cranking.

i tried all cables for the spark plug test. they all spark. how ever the spark is orange

Last edited:

Jimsun

Reaction score
Re: Update: Car doesn't start. Help!

I will be checking to see if there is fuel coming from the fuel pipe feed when removed from the engine.

If anyone have any ideas, please let me know

001Stunna

Reaction score

Just saw on your update that you filled up on some possible stale fuel from your shed. How old was that fuel? Any chance it might've been contaminated/dirty? Did you fill up and top off the tank after adding that or left it with that fuel only in there?

As for your CEL, if the CEL light does not come on for a few seconds and turn off when they key is turned to second position...then it is either burned or the bulb has been removed.

Lastly to test for fuel you can just take off the pulsation damper that covers the fuel pressure test port/valve and simply use your finger nail or a toothpick to press in the valve as someone turns the key to 2nd position. If all is good you should get a nice squirt of fuel(be sure to maybe place some towels around the valve to absorb the spray). If all goes well in the fuel check...and you only still have that possible stale gas in there...i'd try filling it up with fresh gas and retrying.

Last edited:

Jimsun

Reaction score

The fuel is roughly 5 months old. I will do what you suggest and adding new fuel in there as the fuel might be stale (I didnt know about this).

As for the CEL light, I never really pay attention to the dash unless something abnormal is flashing or is lit.

I was going to the pulsation damper assembly thing but the rain got worst :(.

For the record, you're also talking about #1 right?

001Stunna

Reaction score

The fuel is roughly 5 months old. I will do what you suggest and adding new fuel in there as the fuel might be stale (I didnt know about this).

As for the CEL light, I never really pay attention to the dash unless something abnormal is flashing or is lit.

I was going to the pulsation damper assembly thing but the rain got worst :(.
Start paying attention to your dash more =P

If I was you i'd do the easy things first that require less work. ie. going to the gas station with a fuel container and getting some fresh fuel. Rain stopped in here now(at least where I am). If that fails to give you any light at the end of the tunnel then go through with checking for fuel.

For the record, you're also talking about #1 right?
You have me lost lol...what #1?

Jimsun

Reaction score
Update: So this is what happened. The day after, I turned on the car without much luck before work. When I got back home with my uncles OBD, I turned on the car without even getting the chance to read any codes and it just ran like a horse. I was stumped... yet happy at the same time ^^

Fixed!

nsjames

Reaction score
i just did the similar game.

triple check that your grounds are clean.

Back