FIXED jdm f23 swap wont go above 3k no codes help asap

Pizzaman

Reaction score
Trying to finish swap but car is rumning ruff. Idle is fine and no codes but it bogs at around 3k rpm. Wont through a code but seems like to much or to little fuel. Just stalls out when reved up. Help! What direction to go?

Swapped intake mani egr exhaust mani and all different sensors already

Last edited:

Pizzaman

Reaction score
Re: jdm f23 swap wont go above 3k no codes help asap

Bump anybody with insight on what to check

twofast4u

Reaction score

try using the jdm f23 map sensor. Also you might be missing a ground somewhere as well.

Pizzaman

Reaction score

try using the jdm f23 map sensor. Also you might be missing a ground somewhere as well.

the map sensor is the one on the back of the intake manifold correct? it was the only one broken.

the thing is all air and fuel related items were taken from my original motor. thats what makes this so hard to figure out. nothing fuel related has changed. no wiring ECU injectors manifolds o2 sensor, all off my f23.

will double check the grounds again

the car can drive on flat ground but as soon as a try going up the slightest hill it falls on its face and stalls out:eekwtf:

twofast4u

Reaction score

the map sensor is the one on the back of the intake manifold correct? it was the only one broken.

the thing is all air and fuel related items were taken from my original motor. thats what makes this so hard to figure out. nothing fuel related has changed. no wiring ECU injectors manifolds o2 sensor, all off my f23.

will double check the grounds again

the car can drive on flat ground but as soon as a try going up the slightest hill it falls on its face and stalls out:eekwtf:

Yea. When i swapped in my jdm f23 in it was reving up and down on its own and stalling. I swapped out the map sensor, then everything worked fine. Although a loose or missing ground can cause plenty of weird issues.

Pizzaman

Reaction score

the map sensor was fine on my old motor so i don't think its the issue. it just sucks with no CEL trying to figure out what to replace. i can't buy one of every possibility and hope they work. this sucks!!

Pizzaman

Reaction score

will the map sensor throw a code? or does it need to have some miles put on it to throw the code?

Pizzaman

Reaction score
finally figured out what the issue was. the only two plugs that can be mixed up are the MAP and TPS and they were:fail: i tried 20 other things first!!

car is running great but the tranny is delayed into drive and slams into first at a stop. i have already switched the 3 sensors that differ between the trannies and the other 4 plugged in so i left them in. the 2 brown connectors and the 2 black on the front of the tranny. the shift solenoids so i'm gonna swap those tomorrow and pray that solves it. tried tonight but the solenoids would not budge out of the OG tranny. PB blasted em and hopefully they feel like coming out tomorrow:skurred:

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
If only I saw this earlier lol. Switching the connections usually have a bogging idle though, I think. Should throw a code too. I switched them once when I had an idle problem, didn't drive it so I don't know if passing 3k was an issue.

Back