(Fixed) noob mistake, but discovered how to slam on tein SS

Brad2274

Reaction score
i put the shorter rear springs in the front and the taller fronts in the back...
the oem setup had taller ones in the rear so i assumed itd be the same. fixed it all and now im properly lowered, but honestly it handled alright on the backwards setup and it was pretty much slammed in the front lol, mightve been bad for the shocks because of the weaker springs up front but idk i already swapped them out.

(old)
Installed some tein super street coilovers yesterday that i bought off a member, swapped over the tophats and all. adjusted the rears all the way down and adjusted the fronts almost all the way up because i coudnt even get the low pro jack out.
But the front is tucking like an inch(so practically -1.5 finger gap) and the back has like 2 fingers gap.
Is it supposed to be like this? seems way to low in the front.
its a 1999 v6 coupe, heres a pic.

here it is before
easily 3" drop, but ive got 2" of thread left
and the coil setting right now

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: To Low? Installed Coilovers, somethings wrong

something is wrong with the front. tein coilovers don't go that low without taking out a locking collar and putting them all the way down.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
To Low? Installed Coilovers, somethings wrong

Oh **** I didn't notice you said they were Teins...

That is pretty odd in that case

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

This DIY has different springs, but he says the shorter springs go in front, and taller springs in rear. Perhaps this translates to yours? I dont know, can't remember how that worked with my Sportlines when they were on...

http://www.filtsai.com/accord/suspension/index.php

Call Tein yet?

Akingkhan

Reaction score

I'm wondering if the coilovers were for a four cylinder? What's the spring rate? Are the struts still good?

Brad2274

Reaction score

spring rates 6 in the front, i put the shorter ones in the front, taller in the back, i can take a picture of the setup without the wheel, how do i know if theyre blown? seemed to handle alright. and i called tein and left a message

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yeah, that seems very lower than what SS provides.

Btw, aren't you missing 1 lug nut on your rear left wheel?

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score

yeah im missing a lug, stud broke off lol, well now i know im definetly lower than i should be but how do i know if its the springs or dampers? the seller told me the front spring rates 6, tein SS say 7 for the fronts on a lot of sites, could that difference be enough to drop me like 2"? and previous owner has a v6, any ideas? here's a picture of the suspension in the front

Last edited:
Back