Foam blowing out from vents?

robollama

Reaction score
So today I had some foam blowing out from some of the vents in my car. I think it started happening when I was defrosting my windshield. Any clue where the hell it's coming from and what I should do about it?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Your interior is lined all over the place with foam for sound deadening purposes.

Remove the vent/ bezel to look and see if you can find any clues to where it is coming from. The center bezel is easy to remove. A piece of foam may have come lose.

If you can't find culprit then I'd just let it go, unless You are up to taking apart the dash which is a PITA

Good luck

metrick1235

Reaction score
Like stated above there is alot of foam.. also check the back of the bezel for the vents.. there is foam on there.. if it coming out of all vents i would check where the blower motor is...

Bax

Reaction score
^ that was THE stupidest prank i've ever seen.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
enough foam for a party? :lawl:

your vent tubes are "sealed" to the vents themselves with foam to prevent air leakage...probably the flapper door near the blower motor has a toasted gasker. not sure if honda offers that as a standalone part...

yeah, i dont see the gasket as a separate part...it may be that oval area straight below #17 and #2

13s8401_b1710.png

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=HEATER+BLOWER

that would be my assessment, especially if the foam is gray/black. honda uses tan for wire protection inside the interior, for the most part (if memory serves correctly :thinking:). i'm positive most of the actual vent sealing foam is dark gray or black. of course, you could always make your own gaskets with door/window sealing tape from home depot.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
What kind of insulation is it? I know that the vents themselves have a strip of black foam like insulation to seal the connection between the vents and the ducts.

robollama

Reaction score
Narrowed it down to the vents that are up against the windshield. I guess the defrost ones? Don't really remember what color the foam was, maybe dark brown/grey, but it definitely wasn't black. I'll try to snap a pic next piece that flys out :thinking:

Last edited:
Back