fog light headaches !

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
i finally wired my fog lites again sucessfully i thought, i got them to turn on independently without the car even being on. problem dash is completely out except for gear part Park Neutral Reverse D4 etc... parking lites are out also which means when the headlites are on my taillites arent on at all, only when i brake. checked the corresponding fuses everythings fine. anyone have a damn clue as to whats the problem

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you sure you checked the correct fuse? Because unless you did something really weird with the wiring or altered it...that's gotta be it.

juicebox00

Reaction score
it's a fuse. if it blue again it may mean you just need to update to the next size

Mikey

Reaction score
Do your fogs have an inline? Are they wired directly into the battery or what?

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
Are you sure you checked the correct fuse? Because unless you did something really weird with the wiring or altered it...that's gotta be it.

i rechecked the fuses before work this morning none blown. so I think your right Ryder has to be the wiring. I shouldve mentioned this before and I will try to explain as clearly as possible. the fogs are wired directly from the battery to the oem switch. that wire when connected straight to the battery by itself turned on and off the parking lights, thats where the problem may lie. the second wire going into the switch is from the first install where it was jumped from the parking lights so i had to turn on the car in order to turn on the fogs.

the harness i used was a relay harness for HID's since im running 3000k on the fogs. I chose not to use the ebay civic harness since ive had so much trouble with it in the past.

so in conclusion of this mess of mine, its a HID relay harness from the fogs to the battery & from the battery to the oem switch is 1 wire which is power and the second wire is connected to a pin connecter under the steering column

Last edited:

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
problem solved 1 blown fuse & bad wiring. if the parking lites were on the fog lites wouldnt turn on. re wired, new fuse, new relay & extra fuse holder installed. i'll have to post pics when i get a chance. thanks guys

Back